Belgium

My money's on these guys for 2018! I expect a decent showing in 2014 but no further than quarter finals I believe, lack of experience in tournaments together. Semi if they play really well. Unless they all improve big time next season. I guess you could call them a dark horse for the coming Cup. But you'd think they'll make Euro 2016 to get some more experience which will set them up for WC2018. They could even challenge in 2016.

Most certainly the strongest Belgium team since late 80s-early 90s, potential is there but I think the big boys (Spain, Ger,Arg etc) will still be a bit above them regardless of how well Hazard, Mirralas, Fellaini, Witsel etc etc develop by 2018

barcanuck

This Belgian team is stacked with good young players at each position. I think they can be a dark horse to make it to quarters of the WC if they all gel and if they win their group and avoid a tough playoff in Euro Qualifying.

barcanuck

My money's on these guys for 2018! I expect a decent showing in 2014 but no further than quarter finals I believe, lack of experience in tournaments together. Semi if they play really well. Unless they all improve big time next season. I guess you could call them a dark horse for the coming Cup. But you'd think they'll make Euro 2016 to get some more experience which will set them up for WC2018. They could even challenge in 2016.

This.

Yannick03

We're doing great for now, 16 out of a possible 18 points and leading in the qualifiers group with the 4th ranked team of the FIFA ranglist on the second spot. Still, the level of play is a problem for me. Winning at home against Macedonia with all due respect by only 1-0 is way too little. We should have made a field day out of it but we can't complain if we keep winning.

I hope we don't get a difficult opponent when playing the barrages (is that an english word ?). Technically, we could come out against France, England or Portugal. I don't see us beating them but good times for Belgian football for now. The youth teams are doing fantastic and there are many Belgian starlets around Europe so maybe our success can be prolonged further by future generations.

Last edited:

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I don't think they are dark horses any longer because now everyone recognizes how good there team is.

Needs more Nainggolan though.

Wouterinho

I don't think they are dark horses any longer because now everyone recognizes how good there team is.

Needs more Nainggolan though.
I've been wondering about him for a while, how good is he really?
The problem is that Belgium already have so many good options in midfield...

About Belgiums future: I went to the Belgium u21 a few days ago, they were great! And since Belgium already have some 16 year olds in Chelsea, Man City, Man utd (?),... the future seems bright.

Yannick03

Is Thorgan Hazard any good? Promising?

Good and promising yes, he's a starter for the current second placed team in the Belgian league (not that it is much to shout about).

Do I see hem ending up at a topclub ? Difficult to say, I think not but I can't really estimate his potential. Very good player and very mature for his age.

Yannick03

I've been wondering about him for a while, how good is he really?
The problem is that Belgium already have so many good options in midfield...

About Belgiums future: I went to the Belgium u21 a few days ago, they were great! And since Belgium already have some 16 year olds in Chelsea, Man City, Man utd (?),... the future seems bright.

I also went to see them and I must admit I was pleasantly surprised. Some very good footballers in that team and a very strong bench. An experience definitely worth of repeating it, if they play in the neighbourhood some time again I will definitely go and watch them.

Superfly

Banned
Good and promising yes, he's a starter for the current second placed team in the Belgian league (not that it is much to shout about).

Do I see hem ending up at a topclub ? Difficult to say, I think not but I can't really estimate his potential. Very good player and very mature for his age.

Isn't he already at Chelsea?

PearLBLacK

Banned

Thanks.

Beast, i expect him at a big club next season, very complete. Hopefully Milan sign him.

You lost me there buddy.

But yeah Nainggollan has been good, would fit in easily in most teams.

Yannick03

Isn't he already at Chelsea?

Yeah, they bought him this year but he was immediately loaned out to a Belgian first division team. He is doing better than expected.
Last year, they were fighting against the relegation, now they are currently in second place and he is a regular. Pretty good for his age.

Wouterinho

Is Thorgan Hazard any good? Promising?
He's really good; he's got pace, technique, a great shot,... He can play as a central midfielder, attacking midfielder and a winger (being able to play in different positions is always useful) and he's work rate is also impressive.
Apparently, Killian Hazard is also good.

Home of Barca Fans