Belgium

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
this goal is 100% our fault everyone watching him and goalkeeper..... but I agree that he have a good potential, he will be ours next year :D and he is only 18 years old.

30 sec after his goal we scored.

Last edited:
F

FCB_Titi_LB

this goal is 100% our fault everyone watching him and goalkeeper..... but I agree that he have a good potential, he will be ours next year :D and he is only 18 years old.

30 sec after his goal we scored.

if u can't win u buy competition ? :)

D

Divine

About the national team: you guys think they'll make it this time? A win against Turkey would be great..

Hellsangel

Belgium has some great, young players. All we missed in the past was team spirit and mentality but it's coming.

Look at this possible line up. Look at it!

-----------------------Mignolet------------------------
Vanden Borre--Kompany--Vermaelen--Lombaerts
------------------Defour---Vertonghen---------------
-Chadli----------------Fellaini---------------Hazard--
------------------------Lukaku-------------------------

Simon Mignolet (Sundeland): made a mistake the other day but, boy, he will become awesome. Already a great keeper, icecool nerves and lots of potential.
Anthony Vanden Borre - potentially our best right back. Great physical qualities but shitty mental wise. Toby Alderweireld (Ajax) could be a replacement. Right back is a problem for Belgium.
Vincent Kompany (Man City) - one of the best players in the PL. Voted for the PL team of the season. Our best player.
Thomas Vermaelen (Arsenal) - Captain.
Nicolas Lombaerts (Zenit) - I think our best option at left back. Jan Vertonghen could play here too.
Steven Defour (Standard) - He will leave Standard for a better club. I see him replacing Paul Scholes someday.. he's that good.
Jan Vertonghen (Ajax) - Apparantly Barça is following Jan. He can play at CB, LB or DM. Very good long passing qualities. Never gives up.
Nacer Chadli (Twente) - real athlete/winger..made phenomal progression coming for a second division side
Marouane Fellaini (Everton) - you all know him.. I'd say Chelsea should pounce on him
Eden Hazard (Lille) - this boy is freakishly good.. great acceleration with the ball at his feet :eek: his playing style resembles Messi a bit. For outsiders it's unbelievable that he didn't play for Belgium but the reason is that our coach wants to see our players work for the team. Hazard also admitted that he doesn't train at 100%..
Romelu Lukaku (Anderlecht) - he's stalled a bit this season which is quite logical for a 17yo but lately he has been playing better again. They are working on his technique now and we all know he already has the physical qualities..

and some players for the bench
Thibault Courtois - big big talent in the goal. Remember his name. Plays for Belgian first division side KRC Genk.
Timmy Simons - Veteran midfielder with great leadership qualities. Plays at Nurnberg
Daniel Van Buyten (Bayern) - you know him.. makes many mistakes playing for Belgium but he's our current topscorer ^^
Axel Witsel (Standard) - all round midfielder who is ready for a better club in England or Germany
Moussa Dembele
Jonathan Legear (Anderlecht) - winger with lots of pace and a good cross. very injury prone though
Dries Mertens - Hazard type of player.. but not so good off course. Plays for Utrecht.
Yassine El Ghanassy (AA Gent) - great dribbler.. improved a lot this year but there is still work to be done
Kevin De Bruyne (KRC Genk) - young but fragile player but he can really play football

I'm probably forgetting some players..

And we have a superb coach in Georges Leekens! :)

All I can say is: beware of Belgium ;)

D

Divine

Belgium has some great, young players. All we missed in the past was team spirit and mentality but it's coming.

Look at this possible line up. Look at it!

-----------------------Mignolet------------------------
Vanden Borre--Kompany--Vermaelen--Lombaerts
------------------Defour---Vertonghen---------------
-Chadli----------------Fellaini---------------Hazard--
------------------------Lukaku-------------------------

Simon Mignolet (Sundeland): made a mistake the other day but, boy, he will become awesome. Already a great keeper, icecool nerves and lots of potential.
Anthony Vanden Borre - potentially our best right back. Great physical qualities but shitty mental wise. Toby Alderweireld (Ajax) could be a replacement. Right back is a problem for Belgium.
Vincent Kompany (Man City) - one of the best players in the PL. Voted for the PL team of the season. Our best player.
Thomas Vermaelen (Arsenal) - Captain.
Nicolas Lombaerts (Zenit) - I think our best option at left back. Jan Vertonghen could play here too.
Steven Defour (Standard) - He will leave Standard for a better club. I see him replacing Paul Scholes someday.. he's that good.
Jan Vertonghen (Ajax) - Apparantly Barça is following Jan. He can play at CB, LB or DM. Very good long passing qualities. Never gives up.
Nacer Chadli (Twente) - real athlete/winger..made phenomal progression coming for a second division side
Marouane Fellaini (Everton) - you all know him.. I'd say Chelsea should pounce on him
Eden Hazard (Lille) - this boy is freakishly good.. great acceleration with the ball at his feet :eek: his playing style resembles Messi a bit. For outsiders it's unbelievable that he didn't play for Belgium but the reason is that our coach wants to see our players work for the team. Hazard also admitted that he doesn't train at 100%..
Romelu Lukaku (Anderlecht) - he's stalled a bit this season which is quite logical for a 17yo but lately he has been playing better again. They are working on his technique now and we all know he already has the physical qualities..

and some players for the bench
Thibault Courtois - big big talent in the goal. Remember his name. Plays for Belgian first division side KRC Genk.
Timmy Simons - Veteran midfielder with great leadership qualities. Plays at Nurnberg
Daniel Van Buyten (Bayern) - you know him.. makes many mistakes playing for Belgium but he's our current topscorer ^^
Axel Witsel (Standard) - all round midfielder who is ready for a better club in England or Germany
Moussa Dembele
Jonathan Legear (Anderlecht) - winger with lots of pace and a good cross. very injury prone though
Dries Mertens - Hazard type of player.. but not so good off course. Plays for Utrecht.
Yassine El Ghanassy (AA Gent) - great dribbler.. improved a lot this year but there is still work to be done
Kevin De Bruyne (KRC Genk) - young but fragile player but he can really play football

I'm probably forgetting some players..

And we have a superb coach in Georges Leekens! :)

All I can say is: beware of Belgium ;)

I think you really should put Dembele on instead of Hazard.. If you really need to put Hazard on then put Chadli on the bench, I think..

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Does anyone know anything about Jalle Vossen, a 22 year old striker who plays for Genk? He is being heavily linked to Fiorentina.

K

kv21

Does anyone know anything about Jalle Vossen, a 22 year old striker who plays for Genk? He is being heavily linked to Fiorentina.

Jelle Vossen is the current topscorer of the Belgian League.
He's talented and a good striker for any Belgian team, but I guess he's not good enough to be important in a team like Fiorentina (at this moment)...

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Jelle Vossen is the current topscorer of the Belgian League.
He's talented and a good striker for any Belgian team, but I guess he's not good enough to be important in a team like Fiorentina (at this moment)...
Thanks
Do you think he has long term potential though? La Viola is looking to the future because the current group seems to have reached a dead end.

K

kv21

Thanks
Do you think he has long term potential though? La Viola is looking to the future because the current group seems to have reached a dead end.

You're welcome.
Like I said, he's talented and he's got potential.
But I don't think he's good enough to make any difference for Fiorentina at the moment. :)

Peerd

Notorious Demagogue
Another reason why Belgium and the Netherlands should form ONE United Nation. We'd have Mignolet and Kompany for on the bench, Vermaelen for left back. Hazard, Fellaini, Lukaku, Vertonghen for the bench :D

K

kv21

I think you really underestimate the skills of some Belgian players. ;)
Kompany for example should play in every national squad.

Peerd

Notorious Demagogue
I think you really underestimate the skills of some Belgian players. ;)
Kompany for example should play in every national squad.

Ok then. Kompany in the starting 11 for Mathijsen xD

Belgium has lots of nice talented players who will rock in the future.

Admit it would be a great team combined.

Abaddon

King of the Bottomless Pit
Any big team without a top class goalie should be looking at Genk's Courtois. Dude has Van Der Sar written all over him, huge part of Genk's title winning team.

Home of Barca Fans