Belgium

Piqué

heard Lukaku also got injured??
He limped off in the final minutes with an ankle injury, but should not be a problem for the WC.

Belgium were poor yesterday, but against a Tunesian side who just stood there in front of their box (thank you Leekens, idiot), not easy to play good football.

BerkeleyBernie

I was at the game. RIP our car.

Yeesh! Well, ship it over to Berkeley, someone will want it to make an "art car" (perhaps with the theme "Belgian Waffles"):

http://www.artcarfest.com/artcars.html

belgianwaffles2.jpg

Wouterinho

Belgium were poor yesterday, but against a Tunesian side who just stood there in front of their box (thank you Leekens, idiot), not easy to play good football.
Agreed, although it is something that worries me. When you look at some of the other 'good' teams, you immediately notice the difference in tempo. Belgium is playing a bit too slow for the moment and that could cause troublese, especially in the first round

Piqué

Belgium played good against a horrible Andorra side yesterday, 6-0. Could/should have been a lot more, if the chance in the first minute went in, it would have been a definite recordbreaking score.

Soms stats: attempts on goal 44-3 (within the 3, they are counting a shot from midfield and a header from outside the penaltybox). Corners 14-0. Succesfull passes: 624 vs 28.

And Belgium were missing Hazard, Witsel, Benteke, Mirallas, Vermaelen, Vanden Borre, Tielemans etc.

Future looks very bright for Belgian fans in the next 5 years. Monday Night off course a whole other game in Bosnia.

BerkeleyBernie

Divock Origi showed he's a promising youngster at the World Cup, and followed it up with a fine goal in today's friendly. Great eye for goal.

Belgium finished it off with a lovely team goal: Meunier with an excellent through ball to meet Dries Mertens' smart run, who then squared to Lukaku. I wonder if Meunier, a 23 year old right back, will be making a move from Club Brugge anytime soon.

Moose

Watched the Spain - Belgium u21 game, much better football on show and a lot more interesting.
1 - 4 win for Belgium without the likes of Praet and Origi, shows the future looks promising. Musonda and Tielemans looked special.

Morten

Just like i remember them from wc, solid team with many good players, but is very lacking in the final third, lacks imagination.

Piqué

Watched the Spain - Belgium u21 game, much better football on show and a lot more interesting.
1 - 4 win for Belgium without the likes of Praet and Origi, shows the future looks promising. Musonda and Tielemans looked special.

Musonda Jr is worldclass. Watch out for him the next couple of years. One of the most talented youngsters I have ever seen play, brightest young Belgian talent.

Home of Barca Fans