shann

Xavi es mi hombre
2m7ae83.jpg

From some scout at manutd.com:
Player name: Fábio Alexandre da Silva Coentrão
National team: Portugal
Club team: Benfica
Position: Left-back, winger
Strengths: For a 22-year-old, Coentrão has a great balance between his defensive and attacking attributes. He can clear the ball from an opponent's attack, immediately turning a defensive situation into an goalscoring one for his team-mates! He is versatile and can play left-back or further upfield as a winger. His crossing is a major strength.
Weakness: No major weaknesses to report. He played for the whole 90 minutes and helped keen a clean sheet.
Estimated cost: Benfica may demand somewhere in the region of £10million after his wonderful performances at this World Cup.​

He's my fave. finding from the WC. Just saw the friendly against Spurs just to make sure it's not just a WC thing. He's absolutely brilliant.

Fege

I also watched the friendly between Benfica and Tottenham and once again very impressive performance by Coentrao. He's definitely pure class and only 22-year-old. But yeah, I'm sure £10m wouldn't be nowhere near enough to lure him away from Benfica.

E: He was also linked with Real Madrid earlier this summer and he was quoted saying "They have said that Madrid is following me. I'm proud and honored that I am linked with this team, which in my opinion is the best club in the world." Haven't read anything about this recently though.

Last edited:

.blitzer

I'd like to rate him between 10-15 mil.
What planet do you live? lol

I really doubt that he will be sold for less than 30 million.
He started playing as LB a few months ago due to injury of Benfica´s left back just before the game start, and had a great evolution. You can confirm that with his great games at the WC.

It is not easy to buy cheap from Portuguese clubs.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
He's a better version of Maxwell. He's worth that 30 million imo, because of his youth and his quality.

Home of Barca Fans