18 - Oriol Romeu

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah he was doing well under AVB, then Benitez started playing him and he got injured. He would have played a fair bit last season if he hadn't been injured.

Jenks

Wrong. He was playing under AVB and disappeared with di matteo. Everyone called AVB a moron for playing him.

Did they? I remember people being glad that he'd use him and McEachran here and there.

Last edited:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah coura is wrong, Romeu was playing better than Mikel was, he was playing a very decent amount too until AVB got sacked, which lead to Mikel getting the spot again. Things may be very different if he hadn't gotten injured when Benitez started using him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Apparently, our former man Romeu is doing great in Southampton.

This year Oriol Romeu has been the biggest success story. The 25-year-old Spaniard started fewer than half of the Saints' Premier League games in his first campaign on the south coast, but he has stepped into Wanyama's shoes and made an impressive impact this season.

Southampton are looking up again. Romeu has played every minute of their five-game unbeaten run, and on Sunday in front of Pep Guardiola, the manager who gave him his debut at Barcelona back in 2010, he produced a man-of-the-match performance.

[sky]

xXKonan

Signed a new deal with the Saints and had a great performance tonight against Liverpool.

He's been huge for Southampton this season and I'm glad to see him do well.

Xavinho

I was just reading about how well Romeu has been playing for a club called Southampton in the Premier League. Really happy for him. He always seemed like a nice guy.

xXKonan

Hes had a lot of bad luck with injuries since he left us back in 2011, but thankfully it's good to see him finally have some stability and become a key player for Southampton.

Raketa10

Another trash player just like Julian Araujo. We are f... idiots if we sign this 31y old Getafe level player. I sometimes wonder if Spanish citizenship is the one and only criterion for Xavi and Co. It's interesting that we didn't have 23 mil for Broz. However, we don't have any problem to burn 14 mil EUR for trash players like Araujo and Romeu. Stupidity is really strong within this club. On top of that, no one even considers Nico as a viable solution but 31y old guy from Girona for sure is the answer for our problems. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans