18 - Oriol Romeu

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
All the above posters need to learn some reading skills .
That's Phil, Z & Petra

go back to my post and read it again

thank you

Look, I know what you did there, but you're not really getting your point through going down the same lane, right?

I mean, it is rather pointless and, as you said yourself, childish.

And I think we all may agree that, despite of not having a great game, the kid still has plenty of potential and may easily become something good in the future.

Last edited:

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
I don't think all 3 of us misred what u wrote or got the wrong sense ... dunno if the egyptian sun hit your head but u don't think clearly here holding to one part of the game while the thread is Oriol overal ...

Beast

The Observer
Was completely overrun in the final in the under 19 championship by France in the second half

I think it's clear enough..you want to read something else from it ,it's up to you and whatever goes on in the beautiful place of yours we call "mind"
u'r paranoia getting the best of you

I don't think all 3 of us misred what u wrote or got the wrong sense ... dunno if the egyptian sun hit your head but u don't think clearly here holding to one part of the game while the thread is Oriol overal ...

No actually all 3 of you decide to neglect the post and indulge in repeating " he is good , he is good , he is good " as if it will take away your insecurities .
you say he is a physical beast , than you say he was overrun by France cause they are physical ..
i see this as contradiction you probably see it as something else .

With regards to the sun.. it's good for your blood circulation to reach your brains.. can't say the same about the cold weather or lack of sunshine which clearly affected some members here

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
I think it's clear enough..you want to read something else from it ,it's up to you and whatever goes on in the beautiful place of yours we call "mind"
u'r paranoia getting the best of you

Save yourself from petty insults, you're surely better than that.

Additionally, I told you that the whole Spanish team was overrun then, not just Romeu and the CB's, to which you did not respond at all. Guess this works both ways, eh?

Beast

The Observer
I blame the defensive half of Spain more than anything phil , the inability to build an attack or stop an attack
it's not an insult unless it applies to you , maybe you should give it another thought especially that it's you guys who read a lot into the clear /direct post

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
No actually all 3 of you decide to neglect the post and indulge in repeating " he is good , he is good , he is good " as if it will take away your insecurities .
you say he is a physical beast , than you say he was overrun by France cause they are physical ..
i see this as contradiction you probably see it as something else .

With regards to the sun.. it's good for your blood circulation to reach your brains.. can't say the same about the cold weather or lack of sunshine which clearly affected some members here

I never said he's a physical beast, I merely pointed out that he has some physicality, which is rare in Barça type of DM's and merely pointed that out. Stop shoving words into my mouth. Besides, a player being physical and others being even more physical never negate each other as notions, do they? Or are there only single types of physicality and strength instead of different levels of the two aforementioned?

I blame the defensive half of Spain more than anything phil , the inability to build an attack or stop an attack
it's not an insult unless it applies to you , maybe you should give it another thought especially that it's you guys who read a lot into the clear /direct post

Sure, Montoya and Dalmau weren't at their best, nor was the whole defense, but as you well know it works both ways. French were just too good and Spain wasn't on top of its game, which affected the result the way it did. It's silly stating the obvious, really.

Last edited:

Barcafan 2304

Not wishing to join this argument but just wondering, does anyone have a list of the Spanish squad that participated in this tournament and which clubs they represent? Thanks in advance.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
1 GK Álex Sánchez 3 February 1991 (aged 19) 3 FC Barcelona
2 DF Martín Montoya 14 April 1991 (aged 19) 5 FC Barcelona
3 DF Carles Planas 4 March 1991 (aged 19) 7 FC Barcelona
4 DF Marc Bartra 15 January 1991 (aged 19) 6 FC Barcelona
5 DF Jorge Pulido 8 April 1991 (aged 19) 15 Atlético Madrid
6 MF Oriol Romeu 24 September 1991 (aged 19) 6 FC Barcelona
7 MF "Keko" Gontán (c) 28 December 1991 (aged 19) 5 Atlético Madrid
8 MF Thiago Alcántara 11 April 1991 (aged 19) 6 FC Barcelona
9 FW Rodrigo Moreno 6 March 1991 (aged 19) 6 Real Madrid
10 MF Sergio Canales 16 February 1991 (aged 19) 6 Real Madrid
11 FW Daniel Pacheco 5 January 1991 (aged 19) 7 Liverpool FC
12 DF Hugo Mallo 30 November 1991 (aged 19) 2 Celta de Vigo
13 GK Aitor Fernández 3 May 1991 (aged 19) 5 Athletic Bilbao
14 FW Iker Muniain 19 December 1992 (aged 18) 0 Athletic Bilbao
15 DF Ramiro Mayor 9 May 1991 (aged 19) 3 Real Zaragoza
16 MF Ezequiel Calvente 12 January 1991 (aged 19) 0 Real Betis
17 MF Jorge Resurrección "Koke" 8 January 1992 (aged 18) 0 Atlético Madrid
18 FW Rubén Rochina 23 March 1991 (aged 19) 4 FC Barcelona

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
Phil already said all i wanted, so i will just add ... I have enough of sunshine here thank u, Meursault :D

Home of Barca Fans