18 - Oriol Romeu

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Come on, Adam - Romeu i Vidal is a quite of a talent and I'd really want to see him at least a couple of times in the first team during the upcoming season.

Wouldn't hurt his development either ;)

Beast

The Observer
Was completely overrun in the final in the under 19 championship by France in the second half

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Beast: As was the whole Spanish team.

The French were just awesome physically and they bossed Spain around quite well. They deservedly took the cup.

JAMAIN

You can call me a Yayaista. He was the best defensive midfielder we have had in a decade. A huge part of the reason why we won everything.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
you are right. oriol is our new poster boy. thing is even before yaya we had mark van bommel, why did he have to go?

JAMAIN

you are right. oriol is our new poster boy. thing is even before yaya we had mark van bommel, why did he have to go?

True. When we have a box-to-box player that can shoot from deep in form, those have been the year we have won Europe.

Van Bommel, Toure...these players lifted European cups at Barca and get no love or respect by some so called Cule's, but it's these players that are the yang to Iniesta and Xavi's ying. They provide the muscle and X-factor. Busquests has good vision, a good passer and he can get his hands dirty but the lad is too sterile.
He is not feared like Toure was nor is he completely irritating to play against like Van Bommel is.

Busquets also cannot shoot from deep. A Barca DM needs this because this threat is what helps draw defenders out when needed. I hope Romoue will have this in his game...

Last edited:

zanela

Anything to annoy the Buristas ;)

Was completely overrun in the final in the under 19 championship by France in the second half

You chose to disregard his overall tournament performance and felt the need to mention those 30mins...Didnt see you mention anything about the subpar showings of your Madrid boys.

Beast

The Observer
Anything to annoy the Buristas ;)

You chose to disregard his overall tournament performance and felt the need to mention those 30mins...Didnt see you mention anything about the subpar showings of your Madrid boys.

The only worthy opponent Z.. and the match i watched fully
and it's completely childish to make Real vs Barca.. but that's becoming a habit when you lot get cornered

Shagmisskey was crap a buy
oh so was Benzema
= childish
but yeah my Madrid boys.. oh wait scored in the final game and if your baby boys at the CB and the gentleman mentioned here showed any sort of composure Spain could have won ..
instead they were all overrun with ease..
and the reason i mentioned him because the DM or CB position which was clearly the weak link in the second half...

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
The only worthy opponent Z.. and the match i watched fully
and it's completely childish to make Real vs Barca.. but that's becoming a habit when you lot get cornered

Shagmisskey was crap a buy
oh so was Benzema
= childish
but yeah my Madrid boys.. oh wait scored in the final game and if your baby boys at the CB and the gentleman mentioned here showed any sort of composure Spain could have won ..
instead they were all overrun with ease..
and the reason i mentioned him because the DM or CB position which was clearly the weak link in the second half...

Gio, gio, gio....

It's not about Real v. Barça, or at least it sure as damn shouldn't be. As I've already reiterated, Spain got overrun by more physical French side, as a whole. It's a no-brainer really, that Spaniards lack in the physical aspect of the game, which then again French team used well against them. Besides, Frenchies were great in overall too. Spanish side just couldn't play their game and that was pretty much the end of it.

Romeu didn't have a stellar game, but he wasn't utterly crap either. You make it sound as if Spain got humiliated by four to five goals to nothing. As much the Barça boys didn't have a great game, neither did the whole team in general.

Last edited:

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
U r unbelieveable Gio and your arguments this time r somehow hollow and funny :)

Last edited:

zanela

As an objective poster i like to believe you're, I expect you to judge the player overall for both his positives and negatives in a match while you only emphasise or mention the latter just like you did here. It seems to be the norm with you regards Barca these days. I didnt watch the match but would you honestly say the boy did nothing of note in the first half that you conveniently chose to ignore. While you focus only on Rodrigo's goal and overlook the other aspects. Its a team game so to single out Barca or Madrid boys for failure is a bit biased and a narrow-minded point of view which i expect from the juvenile members not from a mature poster like yourself.

Beast

The Observer
All the above posters need to learn some reading skills .
That's Phil, Z & Petra

go back to my post and read it again

thank you

Home of Barca Fans