Shirt Sponsorship

Should Barca take on a shirt sponsor to pay off the debts?

• Yes

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • No

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters

maz

I walk the line
I feel that we haven't come this far just to sell the shirt when we face a problem. We are one of, if not the, best club in Europe, and although there is financial trouble, it isn't a crisis. There are other ways to earn it back that are in keeping with the tradition that has been set for over 100 years.

Caramel

I would really like it if Barça went back to a clean shirt. But i'm still proud of "Unicef".
if it's another shirt sponsor then it's a no no. I don't mind Rosell right now but if he does that... i'll be reaaaally disappointed in him ( and the rest of the board).

Lujánn

But a savvy businessman probably knows that a humanitarian, social stance is a good business tactic by itself, especially when attracting new fans.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
To be fair, we could demand possibly the biggest sponsorship deal to date. We are the most entertaining team in the world afterall.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
... and donate a percentage to charity. This way everyone wins.
I would want Barca to continue without a shirt sponsor but if the financial situation is precarious then take the sponsorship.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Sunny's probably spot on. Revealing this debt is more than likely a cushion for a shirt sponsor. Can't imagine why it would be revealed so nonchalantly like it has been.

When does our UNICEF arrangement end?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
... and donate a percentage to charity. This way everyone wins.
I would want Barca to continue without a shirt sponsor but if the financial situation is precarious then take the sponsorship.

Mostly agree with that but as others have speculated, I do wonder if this 'new' assessment from Deloitte is merely a prelude/justification for strange corporate deals to buoy the club...Shirt sponsor would be the most obvious but there will potentially be other moves that would ordinarily come under heavier scrutiny in more debt-free times

I'm reminded of the Wall Street & banking fiascos of coprorations of the last few years and when I see someone with a corporate pedigree like Rosell, I fear the worst...And while a kit sponsor may not be the worst thing to happen, it would certainly lead the club away from their motto:

images

barca96

how much can a shirt sponsor give us per season?
i dont think it's that much and in the end that money will be spent on transfers or something instead of paying debts

Home of Barca Fans