Shirt Sponsorship

Should Barca take on a shirt sponsor to pay off the debts?

• Yes

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • No

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Im very pragmatic, so ofc a sponsor pls. Its not like watching Barca play would be less of an enjoyment when they had more text on the shirt.

maz

I walk the line
What's the point in having "morals" if you ditch them when things get tough. It's like saying you don't talk shit about people, and then when someone really annoys you, the fact that you have previously not spoken trash about people gives u the right to talk shit this one time.

No shirt sponsor.

XaviMessiGirl

No sponsor unless it's absolutely necessary, i.e. a hole that would be impossible to get out of without one. It would just seem wrong otherwise.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
No sponsor, no way. I'd rather us go through 2-3 seasons on limited spending, with possibly limited trophies than give up one of our proudest traditions.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
It's an easy way to make money....as long as we don't get a strange sponsor, why not? I'm with el tren on this one.

F

fried chicken

I don't understand the fuss about tradition and shirt sponsorship when there's already a Nike symbol on the shirt.
Also the basketball team is called Regal FC Barcelona, not even Florentino Perez sold the naming rights to his basketball team.
Also Laporta also sold the naming rights of one of the Camp Nou stands to Nike I read somewhere. (Is this true)

Barcafan 2304

I certainly agree with the tradition argument. Like XaviMessiGirl, I dont want to see it happen but realistically, if finances do reach their nadir, it may be something we have to do.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I don't understand the fuss about tradition and shirt sponsorship when there's already a Nike symbol on the shirt.
Also the basketball team is called Regal FC Barcelona, not even Florentino Perez sold the naming rights to his basketball team.
Also Laporta also sold the naming rights of one of the Camp Nou stands to Nike I read somewhere. (Is this true)

It's not a moral objection to sponsorship, we're sponsored up to the hilt by various organisations, it's always been an aesthetic consideration and a desire not to turn the shirt into a billboard. Of course we now have Unicef and that move was born out of a desire to utilise the shirt for a positive purpose. I prefer the tradition of keeping the shirt clean, but I'm also proud of the Unicef gesture.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
If the Barca shirt has a sponsor on it i will not buy simple as that... i will spend my jersey budget on training shirts... but still you get my point i cant walk around as a billboard the Barca jersey colors and crest are very sacred to me

Home of Barca Fans