Etienne Capoue

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
200901190025_w350.jpg

Etienne Capoue
A very talented defensive midfielder playing in Toulouse at the moment. He has had caps for the french U17 and U19 team and is currently player for the U21s.
He has regularly played for Toulouse this season and there is interest abroad for him in Liverpool, Arsenal and Lazio. I really hope we get him. There has been comments from him saying:
"One cannot say no to Barca"

Here's footage on him:
[YOUTUBE]MwE4A7QrG3s[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
yeah I'm going to try and catch one of his preseason matches if it's possible and see what he's about. Could be a decent signing imo although the amount of space that he has is pretty worrying because in Barca you dont have that much space in midfield..

Hamzah

High Definition Member
you do in defensive midfielder position because opponents are parking the bus or even if they try and pressure they worry about marking the front three and xavi and iniesta more than the defensive midfielder

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
you do in defensive midfielder position because opponents are parking the bus or even if they try and pressure they worry about marking the front three and xavi and iniesta more than the defensive midfielder
if they're parking the bus like Chelsea yes but what happens when we play a high pressure midfield like Almeria?
although, looking at it it would make more sense to have cApoue against buspakers and busi against high pressuring teams while busi always plays the simple fast pass and capoue plays the harder longer ball..
then you take the best on form on the other fixtures.

JAMAIN

I agree he isn't going to get the space like he had in the highlights. However he had the right ideas. What impressed me most of all was his athleticism and quickness. There isn't a Dm in my mind that is a pure athlete with the vision to pass coupled with positional awareness in that holding role. Very rough, but lots of potential there...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Everything I've seen of Capoue leaves me to believe there is soo much potential for him at Barca...Would be a terrific signing

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
It seems that he have much potencial... but it's the same problem: as soon as Barça shows some interest, his price... and it seems that also some english clubs are already with "eye on him"... what is his price?

Home of Barca Fans