Etienne Capoue

Barcafan 2304

why,we have Keita,Thiago,JDS,its a defensive midfielder for me and I dont know why we arer waiting that much to sign Capoue or any other option.

As promising as Thiago and JDS are, can anyone say for sure they will be surefire successes? Do you really think Keita is a viable option to step into the breach should Iniesta or Xavi be out for a sustained period of time?

Trequartista

The good
StokeBarca:Keita is Pep's favourite player,he may not be creative but he provides another dimension,imagine if we g now and sign Ozil,we will have 4 players rotating for 2 positions which means less playing time for Keita,Ozil,3 players for 2 players is perfect considering that one from Victor Sanchez and Hleb may stay and the potential of Thiago we are done there ,our piority now is a DMF.

Barcafan 2304

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree but honestly, its dangerous to presume a youngster will come through and just step right into it and hit the ground running and Keita of late has not been excatly on top form. I agree we need a DM but it wouldnt hurt to extend our options as well for a creative midfielder to

tk_TommyKim

We at least know that JDS and Thiago can't be considered as true DM's...more like Xavi/Iniesta than Sergi. Keita may be able to fill into the DM role, but he's too good of an attacking threat when moving from deep, but he won't be able to do that when playing as a DM.

We need a back up for Sergi, and perhaps Etienne can fill the role.

KluivertsBoots

Anyone know Capoue's rough value?

I've been following him since seeing his name earlier this year and this guy is LEGIT. Only a matter of time before he's a French regular and in a huge club.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I know Monster Masch is in the bag now but check out Capoue's goal today against Nancy...Brilliant work & skill from the DM

iced1776

I saw a tweet the other day that we were following this guy again in case Keita leaves, anyone know what he's been up to for the last few seasons?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
A mandatory signing for every big team in Football Manager.
happy-i-see-what-you-did-there-%28clean%29.jpg

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Back in the mix apparently...L'Equipe saying a €10 million offer has been tabled for the French DM

Always liked his attributes when there was a need to find a replacement for Yaya, still the best DM in Ligue 1 who is one of the best players in the league, for me

mixer

If we buy him, he'll stand out because he is 1.89 m (6 ft 2 in).

I haven't seen him before. He fits to Barca's style?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He doesn't have the passing ability of a Busquets but very fluid in his movements, nevertheless...I suspect he'd be viewed as a CB however

Pace, strength, size, great motor and a consummate team player...Strong in possession, protects the ball well and can maneuver out of tight marking with comfort in Ligue 1...Has good passing accuracy, adept at hunting down the ball and a good tackler

Home of Barca Fans