Etienne Capoue

iced1776

Ok, how on earth has this man not been sought after by now??? This is the first I've heard of him, so I watched this:

[YOUTUBE]MwE4A7QrG3s[/YOUTUBE]

I'm calling it right now this is a world class player in the making. He shows Yaya's ability to chase runners through the middle of the field with his size and speed (he even looks a good bit quicker than the Ivorian), and shows his long range passing vision as well. At the same time, he looks to rival Sergi in his close control, you can see that he has complete control over the ball at his feet. I don't know why but I love the way skilled, tall players carry the ball. They take much larger strides and you always think they're about to lose it, but they seem to always get to it in time.

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

shoot, I'm won over if he always plays like he does in those highlight videos. Although you guys make good points about the amount of space, he'll have some adjusting to do that's for sure.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
I think Sandro needs to cut personel costs. Scouts for instance, ditch them. We will watch Youtubehighlights for free and find world class players that way.

Do it.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I think Sandro needs to cut personel costs. Scouts for instance, ditch them. We will watch Youtubehighlights for free and find world class players that way.

Do it.

Well said, clearly YouTube montages are the most cost effective way of scouting for players, why we carry on with this archaic scouting system is beyond me.

XaviMessiGirl

Yeah, that's exactly why I said that he'd be fantastic IF he is like this all the time. Youtube videos are usually one-sided.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Well said, clearly YouTube montages are the most cost effective way of scouting for players, why we carry on with this archaic scouting system is beyond me.

Because this "archaic" scouting system has lately deliverd players such as Caceres, Chygrynskiy, Keirrson, Hleb (yes I know, he was played out of position - but tbh he would suck anyway)?
No CA, joking :)

Barcafan 2304

This signing does make sense though (well, proposed, mooted, rumoured....whatever). As said elsewhere, We probably wont go for a big name DM signing like Mascherano due to finances and the rise of the anteater so may look to a back-up/young anteater apprentice!

Home of Barca Fans