Ramires

Co0ter

I'm Brasilian and honestly I dont see anything special about this kid. He didn't do much in the WC or during qualifying. Always seemed to be just "there". We need to stop getting players who are "ok" at everything and start signing players who are excellent at what we need them to do. We're not going to find a player like Yaya or be able to replace him.

Trequartista

The good
I'm Brasilian and honestly I dont see anything special about this kid. He didn't do much in the WC or during qualifying. Always seemed to be just "there". We need to stop getting players who are "ok" at everything and start signing players who are excellent at what we need them to do. We're not going to find a player like Yaya or be able to replace him.
I think he had a superb match against Chile,In a more deeper position than his position at Benfica.

V

Valon

Because you have a 'superstar' mindset. Ramires is awesome.

Co0ter

Not really. Every player is something before becoming a superstar. I've only watched Ramires on the national team, where I was not impressed. I don't follow Benfica enough to judge him based on his club. Also 'funny' how you label my mindset when not really knowing anything about me.

V

Valon

That's from my observation of your posts and suggestions on which players you want in FCB. I wasn't trying to offend or insult you it just looked like that to me. ;)

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
He is a complete player, but doesn't fit in Barça's style.
And he wouldn't be a good option for DM, but it is an excellent box-to-box.
He's not the player which Barcelona is looking for.

Something along those lines. He's a better version of Keita :) But I wouldn't play him as our DM in a 4-3-3.

S

Sharkswithlaserbeams

Originally Posted by Wintrez:
He is a complete player, but doesn't fit in Barça's style.
And he wouldn't be a good option for DM, but it is an excellent box-to-box.
He's not the player which Barcelona is looking for.

Originally Posted by Sharkswithlaserbeams:
We may go about our business. Move along. Move along.

Sorry. Star Wars joke.

Because you have a 'superstar' mindset. Ramires is awesome.

Agreed. Though his pre-WC with Brazil was better than his WC with Brazil, I think. That said, he was great during the WC.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Benfica star Ramires chooses Chelsea over Man City

By Harry Harris, Football Correspondent
July 23, 2010

Benfica midfielder Ramires will join Chelsea next week in a £20 million deal, according to ESPNsoccernet sources.

Ramires' performances for Benfica and Brazil have caught Carlo Ancelotti's eye.

Carlo Ancelotti wants the defensive midfield player having lost two experienced stars this summer in Joe Cole and Michael Ballack. Deco is expected to follow with only Liverpool's Yossi Benayoun coming in so far.

Ramires is now heading for Stamford Bridge with the deal virtually done and expected to be finalised in the next few days.

Ramires, 23, was one of the big successes of Brazil's World Cup campaign as they reached the quarter-finals in South Africa. Dunga, who was ousted as coach after the country's exit, stressed that Ramires was badly missed after suspension ruled him out of the 2-1 defeat by Netherlands.

Ramires is also wanted by Manchester City, who are ready to outbid Chelsea, but a source said: "He has opted to go to Chelsea, and the deal can be done in the next couple of days, certainly by next week."

Benfica president Luis Filipe Vieira has met with intermediaries representing both Chelsea and Manchester City, but the player has chosen to move to the reigning Premier League champions. Bayern Munich and Barcelona have also been linked with the player but the two English clubs have the financial resources to make the deal happen.

Ramires said recently: "My agent has told me that a number of clubs are interested in signing me, but this didn't surprise me. We all know that the World Cup is the perfect stage to prove your worth.

"One good game could be enough to attract the interest of a big club. I don't know the names of the clubs that are after me, but it would be a dream for me to play for a big club such as Barcelona, Real Madrid or Chelsea."
Seems like he's ours fellas! Essien and him together would be monstrous.

And with the creativity and skill of Yossi, WATCH OUT!!! :rolleyes:

Barcafan 2304

Well, there goes an option! Doesnt look to me we were seriously in the running for him. Dont get me wrong, im not being arrogant and saying he would have joined us if we showed interest, just saying it does not look like we followed up any alleged interest

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah we always seemed the most serious about it, and that's no surprise. We lost Deco and Ballack, somebody needed to come in, especially since Ballack was a regular when fit. Barca don't need him, and there's nowhere he'd fit into the team really, especially if Cesc goes back.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Well, after a tough start to life in the EPL this guy is developing into the BOMB. He's been consistently our best midfielder lately, and notice our turn in form coincides with his(as well as Luiz's total awesomeness)? He's quite dominating for a skinny bastard.

V

Valon

I love Ramires. Certainty the only Brazilians I love at the moment with David Luiz.

Home of Barca Fans