Your emotions towards Rosell

What do you feel like regarding Rosell? Are you ...

• excited

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • confident

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • indecisive

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • irritated

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • horrified

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Pep only signed for one year instead of the four Rosell has offered. Yeah, I bet Laporta was to blame there as well.

Arsenal's distaste at Laporta's conduct has been reported by many sources, it's not an unreasonable assessment of the situation to say that the previous president has made the transfer more complex than it may otherwise have been. Pep's 1 year renewal may be down to a wariness about the new regime, it may also be due to the fact that he doesn't want to tie himself into a long term deal

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Oh absolutely CA, on both counts.

Laporta will probably have put in the same arrogance as some of us here on the board regarding Arsenal. :D And Pep didn't look at any point of his coach career as a long contract man.
But still, I don't think Arsenal would have sold anyway, Laporta is a twat for doing that but it was never going to be an easy or cheap transfer, not even without Laporta, so he was as wrong about that as Joan himself.

It's the same feeling I have with those debts, exagerating every thing that can be seen in the light of debt and making it sound huge. Making sure EVERYONE has read Barcelona need a 150 million loan or whatever it was to show what a mess it is he has to work in (despite claiming to have a war chest of 90 million of course)! Now asking an audit by Deloitte to, once again, publicly show what Barcelona has become under Laporta.

I understand he has to do that being the new president and given his history with Joan, and I don't blame him for doing that at all. But he won't get my sympathy and benefit of the doubt until he stops with that, and being almost at 1 August, a month after officially taking the reigns, it is about time he stops with that douchebaggery. I don't think anyone really believed Laporta's non-flawed image even before Sandro became the new president (For me the situation is just bad, like at any other club, and Laporta of course went crazy in his last year, no doubt about that) ... but let's not forget, Sandro has his negatives as well. Only Laporta is the one to counterbalance it with a huge silverware list. We're waiting for that, Sandro.

So from August on, I expect Sandro to stop bitching about Laporta and start thinking about the club instead of that rivalry and his egotripping selfishness. If not, he might just well become the same attention whore Laporta eventually was.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Why is it "douchebaggery" to give the socis the full picture of Barça's financial state by means of an independent audit of the club? From my perspective, and I'll be the first to criticise any president whoever he may be, this full disclosure is the minimum that the soci deserves, to hell with what it says about previous administrations. I accept that Sandro may have done it in the knowledge that Joan was massaging the numbers, but even if his motives were impure the fact remains that this was the right thing to do. If he continues to do the right thing and honour the club's duty to the socis, then all Barcelonistes should be happy, even if it means they have to reassess their feelings about previous incumbents of the presidency.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
It is douchebaggery cause I really can't see him not doing the same as Laporta when he is leaving the club. Do you see him doing the exact same audit the moment he has to make room for the new president? Obviously we can't say that for sure, but I said I didn't give him the benefit of the doubt. :p

It happens everywhere, with every leader, every president, every government that is not good friends or coming from the same political family as the previous one. The new president/government/whatever will portray everything as bad as they can ... to do the exact opposite thing when their policy and governing is under scrutiny at the end of their reigns. I said I don't blame him cause it is the normal thing that happens with a takeover of power, but it doesn't make it less look like douchebaggery. He'll get my eternal respect if he proves me wrong at the end of his days in seven years it is I believe though. But until that moment, he is as bad as anyone else (given his R10 history, 90 million war chest for transfers, Cesc would be easy, "YOU CAN'T SIGN CESC when Laporta was still president, ...) cause things don't check out 100% for me.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Well let's give him the benefit of the doubt, he may choose to leave under a veil of secrecy but let's wait the 6 or 12 years and see if that happens, maybe by then people will be as willing to accept it from him as they are from Laporta now. It's time that certain people came to realise that Laporta has gone, if they want to criticise Rosell for doing the wrong thing for Barça then they should do so and I'll join them in doing so, but it saddens me to see so many who are attacking Rosell because he's doing the wrong thing for Laporta, and FC Barcelona is bigger than Joan Laporta even if those who have never known another president fail to realise that.

Home of Barca Fans