BarcaForum trip 2010-2011

maz

I walk the line
Stay tuned!

edit: What are people's thoughts on the Sevilla game on 31st October?

maz

I walk the line
First things first, who's actually looking to go to a game this side of the new year? Perhaps around october/november time.

S

Super Pippo

Like what we talked yesterday maz, but I think Oct/Nov is ok, I think we don't have finals until December so its good for me. I don't know nothing for sure of course until I get my timetables.

XaviMessiGirl

Aw sounds like fun but I can't afford it this year. Next season sounds more plausible though since I'll be done with school. Whoever goes, have a great time!

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
If id be able id like to come and meet all of guys, d be cool :D But cannot know anything before mid september ...

Armando929

I'll be in Spain and Italy next summer. It would have to be then but if anyone was down for a get together down here, I could take anybody around the area and hit up the best spots. :beer2::party::surfing:

maz

I walk the line
These are the matches in October/November:

3rd Oct -R.C.D. MALLORCA

17th Oct -VALENCIA C.F.

31st Oct -SEVILLA F.C.

14th Nov -VILLARREAL C.F.

28th Nov -REAL MADRID C.F.

Now I know some of you want to go to the Clásico, and I imagine you won't be doing two trips in the space of 2 months, so unfortunately we have to count you guys out of "the" trip because it's impractical to organise a trip for the Clásico. I'll probably go to both (funds allowing).

The Sevilla game should be a good game to attend. However probability would indicate we have a better chance of winning against Villarreal, although that's certainly not guaranteed. Valencia is possible too, but ideally we would be going to a game on the back end of that run as opposed to the first game of Valencia, Sevilla, Villarreal & RM.

My vote is for the Villarreal game, simply because psychologically it allows me to feel I've had more time to save up some money, even though essentially I'm spending the same. They will both be categorised as cat A games too, I reckon. Can't see Villarreal being a Cat B game. But I could be mistaken.

The big problem is that we don't know whether the game will be on a Saturday or Sunday (or have I missed something regarding the TV rights?).

For Sevilla, Easyjet currently has flights (from London Gatwick) to land at 1.55pm or 4.25pm both at £30, with return flights on Monday between £50-£60.

For Valencia, a flight to land at 3.55pm is £48.99, and flying back on Monday is £33.

Either way these are both pretty cheap. But they will definitely increase in price, however if there was a major festival or something going on, I think Easyjet would already have their prices set higher. But it's good to decide soon so we can book early. If you are going for the game, a flight on Saturday-Monday is the best option, as it allows for both Saturday and Sunday evening kick offs. You can of course stay for longer periods but look into flight prices for yourself.

What are your thoughts?

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
My thoughts:

Most of the dates would be great, but I reckon the one's in mid october would be the best, as I might go to Madrid later on, so having the cake and eating it too doesn't sound that impossible after all. I'll be flying from Tallinn, so all the better.

However, I'm facing the same problem as last year - I still have no clue of my uni. schedule, which I'll know of by the last two weeks of August. So until then, I'm tentatively in, but if my schedule gets whacked - we'll see.

G.J

V.H. 4 life
I think it's better to wait until the CL schedule is out. This way you can plan your trip around a possible back to back games at the camp nou.

Barcafan 2304

I save up the readies and ill be going to the Sevilla and Valencia games. Hope to do El Clasico as well though despite being a member, im not marking that one down as a definite until im succesful in getting a ticket

maz

I walk the line
My thoughts:

Most of the dates would be great, but I reckon the one's in mid october would be the best, as I might go to Madrid later on, so having the cake and eating it too doesn't sound that impossible after all. I'll be flying from Tallinn, so all the better.

However, I'm facing the same problem as last year - I still have no clue of my uni. schedule, which I'll know of by the last two weeks of August. So until then, I'm tentatively in, but if my schedule gets whacked - we'll see.
Last season's game against Mallorca was in November, but it got awfully [strike]cold[/strike] nippy, and as you say a similar match would be closer to the Clásico. That makes Sevilla more of a possibility.

I think it's better to wait until the CL schedule is out. This way you can plan your trip around a possible back to back games at the camp nou.
True, although I won't be able to attend any CL game. However bare in mind that not many people will be attending the CL games. Let's say there's 15 people that want to attend the trip, and we decide on a date that can bring 10 of them to bcn at the same time. It's unfair to then change it based on the fact that 2 or 3 of them have plans to go to the CL game. But I don't mind waiting. Do you know when they're announced?

I save up the readies and ill be going to the Sevilla and Valencia games. Hope to do El Clasico as well though despite being a member, im not marking that one down as a definite until im succesful in getting a ticket
So I think Sevilla is looking like the more likely game. It's the 9th game of the season, and a game against Sevilla is always going to be a great game for the fans.

Home of Barca Fans