Bars, restaurants in Barcelona

cule19

Just walk around a bit and you'll find a restaurant, I stayed at an NH ON Les Corts and I had restaurants all around me, Las Ramblas also have good spots. So I recommend you to just walk around and take trains(the train system is awesome and very easy to use) if you want to have a better experience of Barcelona.

maz

I walk the line
Thank you for the suggestions! (Who is byron and should I be scared?)

Lol no, it's just a small bar near the ground that a few of the guys from the forum went to last season..there's nice food there.

S

sd006

Again, I'm probably late posting, but I loved this tapas restaurant near the waterfront: http://www.lonjadetapas.com/english/index_archivos/celler_de_la_ribera.htm

Tapas are expensive, because you're only getting snack-sized portions so you have to order more dishes. But so tasty!

For a regular meal, I'd recommend Leones, which is on Paral.lel (note the spelling) across from the Teatre Apolo. I had the baby lamb chops, and they were amazing. 13 euros, plus entree and drink.

Another restaurant I enjoyed (Italian food):
http://www.bcnrestaurantes.com/eng/barcelona.asp?restaurante=la-perla-nera

They have an authentic wood-burning oven, to make thin crust pizza. But I also enjoyed their spaghetti marinera (sailor's spaghetti). They also have a salmon lasagna you should try. For dessert order their fruit-pie-of-the-day.

Last edited:
W

woobie

So..thanks again to those who offered suggestions, much appreciated.

i've got a question for folks who know Barcelona well ---

I've got dinner reservations at Cinc Sentits. NOT a cheap place, but it's gotten glowing reviews (and is quite near my hotel). Barcelona experts, is it worth what's undoubtedly going to be a very high cost? Anyone know?

Sergio

Sergison
Maybe a bit late as you made a place for a nice meal, but best meal I ever took was in Barcelona, in a place called Brown33 on Passieg de Gracia. Was actually where I proposed to my fiancee, and I owe my future happiness to an Argentine waiter there that literally gave me the bottle to go through with it. Has personnel significance though, but even with that was an amazing meal, I think you would like because actually is mostly Italian food there. Was really not so cheap, really is for a special one off meal, wouldn't recommend to go for anyone just wanting a nice meal, its an experience also.

W

woobie

Ooo. I'll add it to the list, Pippo. Thanks! My hotel is only a block off of Passeig de Gracia so I will for sure check this place out.

El Bulli! Such a weird awesome dining experience, google it you won't be disappointed.
Edit: It's extremely expensive and probably booked, I went there for lunch and it cost over €150 needles to say I didn't pay for it myself.

Also those shady looking Jamon places really are the bomb, a plate of jamon (ham), white bread, olive oil and a glass Rioja. Culinary heaven.

Last edited:
W

woobie

Hah. I tried El Bulli first but yeah, they're totally booked.

I've heard that the jamon places in Barcelona are good. Thanks for reminding me!

W

woobie

Ooo. Thank you, migueli! They look like great places! I'll put them on my list!

Home of Barca Fans