3 - Gerard Pique

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Pique had a long interview with El Pais , here are some interesting quotes from it

About MDL

Piqué: "Of course, if I were worried about the center-backs that have signed since I arrived, I could not sleep for years.It is of the positions in which more has been signed. I see it logical and I like the competition."

Should Valverde continue next year?

Piqué: "That is not my job because Valverde is my boss and he is the one who decides if he puts me or not. It does not make sense for me to say it."But I can talk about the excellent management he has done with the group in these two years, how it has helped us improve tactically and in the titles we have won and that we hope to expand with the Cup final."

The public complains about flat/boring games

Pique: "That goes with our mood and way of being. The Culers and Catalans are very demanding and we like to do things perfectly. It is no longer winning but how you win."
"And Guardiola's time is very recent, which was the best played and made football that we always liked and we all know. This debate will always be whoever the coach is. But I can assure you that it is the same style that Valverde wants to play."

You gotta love how its a recurring theme for these entitled pricks that Valverde has great player management and that they are never worried about new signings.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Pique had a long interview with El Pais , here are some interesting quotes from it

You gotta love how its a recurring theme for these entitled pricks that Valverde has great player management and that they are never worried about new signings.

tactical innovation...how to bottle a 3 goal leads to Roma and Liverpool without Firmino/Salah. :lol:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
tactical innovation...how to bottle a 3 goal leads to Roma and Liverpool without Firmino/Salah. :lol:

Check the last quote I added. Man just compared the asswater of football Barca is recently playing with Pep's style. Taking delusion to the next level. All thats left is for Messi to tell us how Valverde is the best thing since sliced bread tomorrow.

Pique officaly joined the shitlist along with Alba , Suarez , Busi , Rakitic and Roberto.

Last edited:

xXKonan

I have to give him credit for the MDL quote.

At least he didn't go "Hur Durr De Ligt is a totally different type of CB to me and besides my position is filled" Nonsense like Rakitic did with Frenkie.

Last edited:

Sorin

Pique: "That goes with our mood and way of being. The Culers and Catalans are very demanding and we like to do things perfectly. It is no longer winning but how you win."
"And Guardiola's time is very recent, which was the best played and made football that we always liked and we all know. This debate will always be whoever the coach is. But I can assure you that it is the same style that Valverde wants to play."

Does he take us for morons? I guess Machin and Eusebio want their teams to play like Guardiola's too, the only downside is that they aren't able to coach their teams to do so.

Who the hell cares what he says in the locker room when what we see on the pitch the total opposite? Hell, I guess Tata Martino should've stayed because deep down I bet he wanted us to play like Pep.

What a bunch of rubbish.

Messigician

Pique admits in El Pais interview Rome played its part in Liverpool: "I think mentally some of us were affected by what happened in Rome because it was so recent. After the first goal, which came so quickly, unconsciously the image of Rome appears."

These players are damaged goods, sell them all except Messi

Potroh

These players are damaged goods, sell them all except Messi

Great idea... :shakeshead:
Would be nice for Valverde, he could finally play his "conservative" style with a mediocre enough B team... and would be perfect for Argentinians who could finally see Messi again in his leading role with even worse players than their NT...

Respekt_III

CyaWouldntWannaBeYa
Great idea... :shakeshead:
Would be nice for Valverde, he could finally play his "conservative" style with a mediocre enough B team... and would be perfect for Argentinians who could finally see Messi again in his leading role with even worse players than their NT...

Whats wrong with fast tracking our demise to mid table mediocrity? Logic would dictate that it was the goal of the board and Valverde, so the sooner it happens the sooner we can accept our fate.
Cant wait to have a 300 year old willian on the wing and 3 700 year old turtle CMs in midfield playing a low block 442 and continuously failing our counters/not even having any semblance of an attacking threat.

Devils

At least he was willing to admit that the players were a bunch of weak minded wusses who are still haunted by Roma.

100x better than anything else I've heard from the other players.

Messigician

At least he was willing to admit that the players were a bunch of weak minded wusses who are still haunted by Roma.

100x better than anything else I've heard from the other players.

This. But it is troubling for our UCL future with this core that has PTSD. Will be even worse next season

xXKonan

It's been noted that we actually had a psychiatrist under Lucho but we don't have one under Valverde.

Lucho for his flaws at a tactical level put a lot of effort into the Mental side of things along with proper physical preparation. Yet under Valverde, the mental aspect is nowhere to be seen. I was shocked to see how scared the guys who actually won the CL in our squad look vs Roma and Liverpool.

Sure they got older but hard to believe these are the same core group of players that won the CL and some multiple times over, help mastermind a comeback vs PSG at home or when we played vs Sevilla in the Copa Final when Mascherano got sent off and Suarez got injured, and you had the guys putting their asses on the line to win that trophy.

Home of Barca Fans