3 - Gerard Pique

RMU ReBorn

Piqué: "I spoke with Luis Enrique and I told him that my decision to retire as a player for Spain was taken a long time ago. It was a nice stage of my life, but now I want to fully focus on Barcelona."

Kul_z

The way i see it, i think every player should retire from nt if they won wc and euro and if they have been instrumental part of that success. So, yes. Busi also should follow

xXKonan

His performance in the First half is like it was last season and the WC gets easily smoked by any half decent player in 1v1s.

1v1s were never his strongest suit but it seems these days he's getting even worse .

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I believe this is a very important season for him. If he doesn't improve his performances considerably there is no way Barca shouldn't demote him from being a starter and go after a CB like de Ligt.

I don't know why, but I have doubts about whether he'll be up for it. I can see him joining one of the LA(his business ventures so obvious why) MLS clubs or Beckham's Miami franchise(got a lot of clout) in a couple of years if he doesn't step up.

Arizona Scott

He still reads the game the best of Barca's defenders, is the best passer (well maybe with Alba though different) and is the best Barca target man in the box. Ideally he never gets left 1 v 1 with a top striker. Umtiti has his drawbacks too--sometimes too slow in mentally processes where the threat will be, and can play flippantly (lose the ball when getting cute). As far as I am concerned I'd only trust Diego Godin more/is more complete than these two, maybe Varane and Van Dijk too. Anyway, with Pique/Umtiti/Lenglet (and Vermaelen as a short term 4th and Marlon maybe a long term 3rd/4th), CB is one of my last worries with Barca.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He is focused on everything else but football. It's good we got Lenglet for now. We need someone better soon.

Lenglet is a good player as I've always said, but I'm not convinced he's talented or good enough to ever become a long-term starter.

If Ajax get to the CL and de Ligt keep performing at a very high level there too......right-footed CB....you know many teams will want him, but we better make an effort. I don't like any of our Barca B CBs so not like we can promote from within either.

Home of Barca Fans