3 - Gerard Pique

FCBfan22

Fucking hell, he is thinking about playing for Catalunya in a friendly against Montilivi during a crucial part of the season...

:facepalm:
[tw]1095332353952571395[/tw]

Leo_Messi

Fucking hell, he is thinking about playing for Catalunya in a friendly against Montilivi during a crucial part of the season...

:facepalm:
[tw]1095332353952571395[/tw]

Dude, it is during the international football break in late March. Piqué called it a day for the Spanish national team after the World Cup so him playing for the autonomous team of Catalonia should not be a problem. Obviously it would be better if he rested during those 2 weeks but I doubt that 1 game more or less (most likely a game that will have the tempo of a friendly match) will mean anything.

FCBfan22

Dude, it is during the international football break in late March. Piqué called it a day for the Spanish national team after the World Cup so him playing for the autonomous team of Catalonia should not be a problem. Obviously it would be better if he rested during those 2 weeks but I doubt that 1 game more or less (most likely a game that will have the tempo of a friendly match) will mean anything.

I was hoping now that he's retired from NT, he would be rested during that time. It seems that won't be the case.

shadows

It has been the case during 3 international breaks this season already. Late August and early September, early/middle of October and middle of November. Him playing 1 friendly, not even a sure thing now and we don't know if he intends to play an entire match, won't do him any harm whatsoever. I don't get the harm.

If I remember correctly, I think he didn't rest during any of those times. He was pursuing business interests in China, Something about that Davis cup etc if I remember correctly... And this was when he was going through a horrible run of games.. Now it has become better, in that at least some games he turns up motivated...And now he wants to play a inconsequential friendly in the middle of the Liga and UCL games... :(

Leo_Messi

If I remember correctly, I think he didn't rest during any of those times. He was pursuing business interests in China, Something about that Davis cup etc if I remember correctly... And this was when he was going through a horrible run of games.. Now it has become better, in that at least some games he turns up motivated...And now he wants to play a inconsequential friendly in the middle of the Liga and UCL games... :(

Come on. Is Piqué supposed to sit on his fat ass for the entirety of those 6 weeks? Being an active person myself, I can relate with Piqué. Given his financial status and that of somewhat of a celebrity he has tons of interesting things to indulge in. Being much smarter than the average footballer and being married to Shakira is not exactly opening less doors for him.

Point is, that this friendly that likely will be played in snail tempo will not do him any harm. It actually might benefit him to not keep him rusty when the most important part of the season begins after that last international break during this season.

shadows

Come on. Is Piqué supposed to sit on his fat ass for the entirety of those 6 weeks? Being an active person myself, I can relate with Piqué. Given his financial status and that of somewhat of a celebrity he has tons of interesting things to indulge in. Being much smarter than the average footballer and being married to Shakira is not exactly opening less doors for him.

Point is, that this friendly that likely will be played in snail tempo will not do him any harm. It actually might benefit him to not keep him rusty when the most important part of the season begins after that last international break during this season.

well when your form was as bad as it was at that time, I would probably think about resting or finding out ways to improve..not play yourself through all possible minutes to improve...The truth is he is not fully motivated and only shows up for a fraction of the games..plus he is supposed to be the leader of the backline and it still seems like he needs Puyol back with him to slap some sense into him :lol: just an observation...

Home of Barca Fans