3 - Gerard Pique

RMU ReBorn

Mate have you ever watched Godin? That man’s not too shabby on the ball either. He frequently makes dribbling runs from the back, his technique is good and passing is decent.

in his peak Pique was good at interceptions and tackles . used to put up numbers that are better than Ramos season after season . Last two years i agree that he has been bang average . But far from saying that he would be skinned alive defending properly

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
in his peak Pique was good at interceptions and tackles . used to put up numbers that are better than Ramos season after season . Last two years i agree that he has been bang average . But far from saying that he would be skinned alive defending properly

I fail to see how this correlates to my question about Godin. Pique has been average for a while now, that is evident.

Total-Football

i dont think that was a penalty going by the books.. it is not the fact that it s unintentional, it is not enough. it is the distance between the hand and where the ball came from. it s exactly why ref didnt give nigeria a pk and rightfully so.

Last edited:

Truthist

what a stupid analogy . He is a ball playing defender not the Godin type of defender you are looking for . In that aspect he has been one of the best modern day defender . Godin would struggle in a team that plays high line were Pique's intelligence has made him one of the best . Vice versa too . Doesnt discredit what he has done for spain and Barcelona . one doesn't become Cb of a world cup winning team by fluke . It's ok to criticize him because he is playing shit these days . Not many teams defends like Uruguay and Atleti in modern era . That's when Players like Pique , Ramos, Alves and Marcelo becomes deadly for the teams that keeps high line

LOL how can you even compare him to Godin who works his backside of every game and is not too shabby on the ball either. However, unlike Pique, the art of defending is to defend and not get put on your backside in every one v one duel. He's only been getting away with it because every team that carries him is a possession based team thus reducing the risk of him getting exposed. Whilst the comparison with Ramos is a fair one, Ramos doesn't lack the pace of Pique and is therefore less of a liability, his antics are a different thing altogether. Not sure why you brought up Alves and Marcelo, who are full backs.

Morten

Stupid mistake by him, as stale as Spain was, they had it in the bag at 1-0, Russia werent really going to score.

Donatello

The Pique of referees..

1531078701_013821_1531078761_noticia_normal.jpg

El Entrepreneur, Björn Kuipers: the millionaire man-in-the-middle.

https://en.as.com/en/2018/07/09/football/1531131959_848206.html?omnil=resscrlltit

"The World Cup referee is worth an estimated €12.4m through his business ventures off the pitch, which include supermarket and hairdressing chains."

Last edited:

Windhook

It's not a nice thought given what Pique has done for the club, but gradually this season and next one it would benefit Barcelona to have his minutes reduced. Just like Iniesta, when he is in poor shape/injured, Barcelona struggles in key matches.

Trickykid

It's not a nice thought given what Pique has done for the club, but gradually this season and next one it would benefit Barcelona to have his minutes reduced. Just like Iniesta, when he is in poor shape/injured, Barcelona struggles in key matches.

I'm pretty sure that's why we just signed Lenglet.

GOAT_SUAREZ

Lenglet and Mina/de Ligt as replacements

Home of Barca Fans