3 - Gerard Pique

JamDav1982

It'd actually be better if lucho came out and say he's not renewing. This would make everyone's minds calmer. But I think he's still thinking about it. He is arrogant and seems unfazed about what people think. Like mou he's the "in your face" kind of guy.

Without a doubt he is hugely arrogant.

Doesnt always work well when a coach says that they are leaving at end of season either.

Even if he did say that there would be so much speculation about next manager it could be distracting. That is the type of thing they all seem to be trying to avoid.

F

FlaFCB

Without a doubt he is hugely arrogant.

Doesnt always work well when a coach says that they are leaving at end of season either.

Even if he did say that there would be so much speculation about next manager it could be distracting. That is the type of thing they all seem to be trying to avoid.

Pep said he was leaving. We only won the cdr, but didn't play badly as of now. If he did say he's leaving, maybe that would actually help the players morale for a last push. I think lucho hasn't made his mind yet.

JamDav1982

Pep said he was leaving. We only won the cdr, but didn't play badly as of now. If he did say he's leaving, maybe that would actually help the players morale for a last push. I think lucho hasn't made his mind yet.

Peps team were better than this any didnt win when said he was leaving.

Alex Ferguson as well said it was a massive mistake when he did it and players lost focus.

I dont think it would be right thing to do.

serghei

He will probably leave at the end of the season in a calm manner with people giving him credit for what he's done at Barca regardless of some bad moments. As it should.

F

FlaFCB

Peps team were better than this any didnt win when said he was leaving.

Alex Ferguson as well said it was a massive mistake when he did it and players lost focus.

I dont think it would be right thing to do.

I don't think not knowing is better. And it wasn't lack of focus that made Barça lose that tie vs chelsea, but bad finishing.

JamDav1982

I don't think not knowing is better. And it wasn't lack of focus that made Barça lose that tie vs chelsea, but bad finishing.

It was after the Chelsea game he announced he was leaving so either way Pep is not a great example.

No absolutes in what is best thing to do but examples like Man Utd under Fergie and Man City last year under Pellegrini both managers said it affected their players negatively.

Messi983

Pep said he was leaving at end of April after a week when we first lost El Clasico at Camp Nou that finally decided La Liga in RM favour and 3 days later we were also out of CL. And we announced Tito as his successor immediately so there were no doubts about that anymore. I think it would be different if Lucho would say that he'll leave 3 months before the end of the season and we couldn't announce who will replace him because probably all potential candidates are still under contract with their current clubs. Unless we'd choose Unzue which probably noone would like to see.

F

FlaFCB

It was after the Chelsea game he announced he was leaving so either way Pep is not a great example.

No absolutes in what is best thing to do but examples like Man Utd under Fergie and Man City last year under Pellegrini both managers said it affected their players negatively.
Citys example is not the same, as the coach didn't want to leave, and it was done behind his back. I don't think anything else can affect these players negatively. The environment is as bad as it can get. And it was news some players think licho will leave and this was affecting them, so at least clearing things up would be beneficial.

JamDav1982

Citys example is not the same, as the coach didn't want to leave, and it was done behind his back. I don't think anything else can affect these players negatively. The environment is as bad as it can get. And it was news some players think licho will leave and this was affecting them, so at least clearing things up would be beneficial.

The City example is more or less the same in that they were playing for a manager that would not be there the next season which is the issue both he and Fergie pointed out as being a distraction.

The flip side is that Bayern won the treble when they knew changing manager so it can go either way but they were flying before that and knew the next man to come in.

TrueCule

Maybe the players needed that streak of bad matches to wake up and start performing as they should. Like Pique said, the situation was the same in 2014/15. Everyone wanted Lucho out but in the end we won the treble. People should look back and see all the work the coach has done with us.
We're still active on all three fronts. We CAN make the comeback against PSG, we CAN close the gap against Real in La liga, we CAN (and should) win against Alaves in the finals of the Copa.

F

FlaFCB

Maybe the players needed that streak of bad matches to wake up and start performing as they should. Like Pique said, the situation was the same in 2014/15. Everyone wanted Lucho out but in the end we won the treble. People should look back and see all the work the coach has done with us.
We're still active on all three fronts. We CAN make the comeback against PSG, we CAN close the gap against Real in La liga, we CAN (and should) win against Alaves in the finals of the Copa.

The players weren't the problem in 14/15, and they're also not the problem now.

Zebulun

Pique is just being diplomatic, they all know lucho is shit. back in 2014 iniesta came out and gave the same, we'll go to the death with martino speech, even though he wasn't good enough.

El Flaco

[tw]833753059645796353[/tw]

We're back to absolute shit, so what now?

Piqué gave some statements to the press after when he participated in an event.

On the moment: It's surmountable. This past month - month and a half we haven't been playing the football we're used to. We have to recover our form. It's really costing us. We're still in the three competitions, although in the Champions it's looking very very difficult. Above winning or not winning, the important thing is playing like we know how to. Both the manager and the team are concentrated on that.

On the serious faces after the Leganés match: We were happy about the victory, but come on, we're not dumb. We're not feeling comfortable. We like having the ball more and suffering less counters. We need to try to improve. The manager is for sure in his office right now figuring this out. I have hope. It's hard for me to think that, with the team we have, we're already finished.

On the whistles: Barça is the club of my life and I know how it is. I understand the the unhappiness but I don't agree with the way in which it is manifested. I don't understand the whistles, how memory could be so short. We have 8 out of 10 titles with this manager. Let's try to be more than a club when the situation gets bad. When we celebrate, we celebrate together. When we suffer, it's the same.

On playstyle evolution: We're always the ones interested in having the ball the most possible. When possession keeps changing hands, we suffer more. If we look back, the fowards used to connect more. Now with the three best players up front we play less in the centre of the pitch. We need to evolve. If we play like we did six years ago, we'd be found out.

On the topic of referees: I never felt alone.

On the merit of the manager: When Luis Enrique arrived we were in deep shit. I'd like for all of us to remember the job he did here with us and also what he did during his time as a player. We're with him until the death.

On the factors for the bad form: It's not only a tactical thing, but it also has to do with confidence and other factors that have brought us to this moment, which is not the best. I'm giving you my word: we're doing everything possible

Message to the people: The message is that we're alive. In the league I feel like we have options in order to be competitive until the end. In Champions, I ask people to go to the stadium. If we do qualify, they'll be pretty pissed off at home. And in the cup we're in the final against Alavés, whom I have a lot of respect for but we expect to beat them.

On becoming recognizable again: In defense we're not strong, we're weak. A comeback? What I care about the most is to be recognizable again. In Champions, we still have some scores to settle and some to win as well.

Change of mentality: We have to get rid of the attitude of all talk and no action. This team will keep delivering many things.

http://www.marca.com/futbol/barcelona/2017/02/20/58ab3743268e3e8f378b4577.html

khaled_a_d

It'd actually be better if lucho came out and say he's not renewing. This would make everyone's minds calmer. But I think he's still thinking about it. He is arrogant and seems unfazed about what people think. Like mou he's the "in your face" kind of guy.

As JamDav said that could actually backfire,player knowing their coach is leaving in the middle of the season isn't good. Speculation about new manager,media all over them,not caring about the current coach anymore.

Pep announced he is leaving on April 27 after we lost CL,after we lost Liga and with only CDR final to play for. Lucho will probably do the same which is the right thing.
There isn't anything to indicate that Lucho is thinking about renewing tbh, I don't remember many coaches who renews that late of their last season in their contract,he talked about cycles before and he probably cares about his legacy in the club and knows 1 more bad year can destroy it. All indications that he isn't renewing IMHO

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pep conveyed his decision to leave several months in advance around Christmas time. I hope Lucho has done the same so Bartomeu and Robert can plan for next season and hopefully start recruiting Sampaoli, making contact with his team already to hear out if he's interested, and open formal talks in a couple of months or so.

Home of Barca Fans