3 - Gerard Pique

serghei

Carries most of the blame for the goal for me. Other than that he was pretty good. Still, he had no marking for the goal and the header was from his area. Basically waited for the ball instead of going for it. Silly mistake.

It was a zonal + man to man mixed in that corner and the goal was scored from the zone he was in charge with. Was perfectly positioned to stop that header but got beat because he was not focused or alert enough. What's the point to do zonal marking in a corner if a guy sleeps and allows a free header from right next to him? Yea, Semedo and Umtiti lose that player - not sure which, but once he gets into Pique's zone he should be clearing that 9 out of 10 times, because, again, he has nothing but 1 job there, to command his zone and not allow players to enter it to place a header. He is doing zonal there because it's the most dangerous position to defend at a corner, a position where opposing players don't usually stand, but one that they attack in space. So you want your leader to be guarding that spot. But if he sleeps instead of doing his job, then a top class header happens from a player breaking in and you're toast.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I actually felt embarrassed for him. Yellow was maybe harsh but way he got eaten alive by Abrambat was cringeworthy.

Windhook

At one moment after 70th minute I had that feeling he was heading for a second booking. Pique is forced to use his hands against quick opponents, obviosly being slower than Amrabat. There is nothing that can be done about it.

Horatio

You're welcome
At one moment after 70th minute I had that feeling he was heading for a second booking. Pique is forced to use his hands against quick opponents, obviosly being slower than Amrabat. There is nothing that can be done about it.

Reminds me of another player....

Jakabor

Looked atrocious.

On the 2-2 why is he not man marking? Da fuck is he doing in the middle of the goal.

And my goodness, what a fucking pathetic shot after that free kick. Fuck off, Pique.

You're the reason Barca lost points today.

Altomonte

Celta Vigo did not deserve the point: Suarez goal was not offside, two shots on post and Celta 2nd goal was caused by Umtiti hamstring injury. Too many chances wasted by Barça.

Home of Barca Fans