3 - Gerard Pique

xXKonan

Messed up the offside trap and was getting shredded like Cheese in a Cheese grater.

Really don't know what's the deal with him right now. in previous seasons he was slow to get going but he eventually found his form again but right now he looks lost in the woods right now with no way out. I expect Verm to set up but the man is to injury prone to last.

Neeraj

He's so slow and the slightest acceleration has him shredded; so if he isn't switched on and on top form with this positioning, awareness and tackling, he is completely useless. We need to find someone like Varane to secure our CB position along with Umtiti.

Messi983

He needs a coach who's not afraid to put him in his place. Seems like Valverde isn't that coach.

Not Valverde's fault IMO. We don't really have a player that would challenge him for his spot and Pique knows that. With all respect to Masche, he's 33 and on the verge of leaving the club so Pique is not "affraid" of losing his spot to him longterm. And well, we can't really count on Vermalen to challenge him either since he can't play more than 4 games without getting injured (I just hope he can somehow stay healthy for the next few weeks until Masche is back). We had Masche still in his top form to replace him and Mathieu so Lucho could bench Pique for a few consecutive games in his first season. We don't have those options now.

So buy two younger CBs (I definitely think we should get Mina in January and another one in summer) that will bring more competition to Pique and I think his mentality will change when he won't feel as comfortable in his position anymore.

khaled_a_d

Not Valverde's fault IMO. We don't really have a player that would challenge him for his spot and Pique knows that. With all respect to Masche, he's 33 and on the verge of leaving the club so Pique is not "affraid" of losing his spot to him longterm. And well, we can't really count on Vermalen to challenge him either since he can't play more than 4 games without getting injured (I just hope he can somehow stay healthy for the next few weeks until Masche is back). We had Masche still in his top form to replace him and Mathieu so Lucho could bench Pique for a few consecutive games in his first season. We don't have those options now.

So buy two younger CBs (I definitely think we should get Mina in January and another one in summer) that will bring more competition to Pique and I think his mentality will change when he won't feel as comfortable in his position anymore.

This , EV requested a CB and the board didn't get him one

FCBfan22

[youtube]HxrSUW1flUc[/youtube]

Pique cheating at 0:40. He pulls out Roberto and Iniesta.

Hopefully he doesn't mix up who he needs to cover in El Classico.

Home of Barca Fans