3 - Gerard Pique

FCBfan22

Terrible again. No Suarez, so easily our worst man on the pitch, even with Deu's ball-losing antics. Needs to smell the bench for a while.

kattanib

This lad needs some serious competition. Umtiti took over Masch .. hopefully we are getting that young cb this January or next year to eventually take over Pique

xXKonan

Like I said when he played Getafe.

He looks so unfocused out there and he's slow and that makes it even worse when he's not motivated/focused enough. he certainly needs a kick in the ass to get him back into shape.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Pique was shit under Tito, Tata, and the beginning of Lucho's spell too. He won't be remembered for his career-long consistency that's for sure. But maybe if EV benches him like Lucho did early on, it'll fire him up. 14/15 ended up being one of his best seasons ever after a poor start. He's been known to respond well to this kind of motivation, it should be tried again.

Pique was shit under Tito, Tata, and the beginning of Lucho's spell too. He won't be remembered for his career-long consistency that's for sure. But maybe if EV benches him like Lucho did early on, it'll fire him up. 14/15 ended up being one of his best seasons ever after a poor start. He's been known to respond well to this kind of motivation, it should be tried again.

At the end of Pep's spell too, when he lost motivation.

Motivation's always been his problem, not ability. Ability wise, I'm not sure there's a single CB out there better than him. Hopefully Valverde learns from the way Lucho handled the situation and makes Pique know that he won't be any more lenient with him than Lucho was. Getting Pique to perform is IMO the best thing Lucho did for us in the long term.

Last edited:

aaron101

I don't get why Umtiti and Masch are rotating while this guy is starting every game when he's the one who's been terrible since the beginning of the season. He should be benched next game and let Masch partner up with Umtiti since they both deserved it.

xXKonan

I don't really like how we handled our CB situation tbh we are playing with fire a bit.

Marlon was sent out on loan which is understandable since he needs minutes. But we are relying on Verm as our 4th option and he's injury prone, and we have Mascherano who's aging himself and has had his share of injuries recently and Pique who is off form right now and Umtiti our best in form CB at the moment.

I could understand if we are holding out until January to get Yerry but instead we are waiting in the summer to buy him.

Nothanks

you guys are so cutthroat with our players
bad form for a bit = people want players sold

this guy has been loyal to us, probably the most loyal player currently
on a good day hes the best cb in the world

Home of Barca Fans