3 - Gerard Pique

Raketa10

So sad when a legend doesn't understand he is finished. If he doesn't end his career this summer he will ruin his entire legacy.

khaled_a_d

So sad when a legend doesn't understand he is finished. If he doesn't end his career this summer he will ruin his entire legacy.

A-There is no such thing as ruining your legacy, it is already set at his age.
B-Pique already offered to leave if the club wanted, but Bartou and co thought we should keep him since we are signing no one.

In ideal world, I would have taken Pique as 4th option CB, after Araujo,Garcia and new signing. As someone who provides some experience needed to those defenders but I am starting to think he will probably leave this year. Him rushing back after injury (and not doing surgery) feels like he doesn't think about long term of his career IMO and just trying to make the best of his last season here.

Joan

B-Pique already offered to leave if the club wanted, but Bartou and co thought we should keep him since we are signing no one.

In ideal world, I would have taken Pique as 4th option CB, after Araujo,Garcia and new signing. As someone who provides some experience needed to those defenders but I am starting to think he will probably leave this year. Him rushing back after injury (and not doing surgery) feels like he doesn't think about long term of his career IMO and just trying to make the best of his last season here.

I've seen reports he wants to stay for another year. Don't know if it's true.

Also think Pique might be a fine 4th CB. If he's willing to accept that role. Barca should try to ditch Lenglet and sign someone with intentions for him to start for us.

JamDav1982

Pique would never have left for free last summer. Those words were nothing but deflection and from an arrogance of thinking he is not part of problem and would never be asked to leave.

Dont be fooled into thinking that was Pique putting ego aside and offering to leave for free with any sense of humility. It was the exact opposite.

Rassvet

Pique would never have left for free last summer. Those words were nothing but deflection and from an arrogance of thinking he is not part of problem and would never be asked to leave.

Dont be fooled into thinking that was Pique putting ego aside and offering to leave for free with any sense of humility. It was the exact opposite.

+1

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Once again Koeman starts Busquets, Alba and Pique who are all past it. A couple of weeks back he gives Puig and Trincao a chance and they're two of the best on the park and they win 5-1, next game v PSG he drops them and they're humiliated in the champions league once again because he sticks the the "guys with experience". Get Puig and Trincao in the first team, there should be no doubt about it.

As for Dembele, get him sold. He's absolutely rotten, not end product. To think he cost about 100 million. They could have had Dybala, Martinez, Haaland and they get a guy with a bit of pace who can't finish or put in a good ball.

Richard.H

Looked hurt to me. We need to rest him vs Osasuna, reaggravating an injury is always scary for footballers, could end careers.

Home of Barca Fans