3 - Gerard Pique

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
It was clear he didn't mean it right from the start, he will ride his contract to the bank and back... Once again his words are taken by the wind, whatever this guy says means nothing...

Katarina1

Banned
It was clear he didn't mean it right from the start, he will ride his contract to the bank and back... Once again his words are taken by the wind, whatever this guy says means nothing...

This. It's amazing how easily reddit type fans swallow up these kinds of quotes from players.

vegitot

He can still perform at high level if he stays focus 100%.

People want him to retire, tell me a proper replacement available now. Aruajo is promising but he need to pair with Pique. Dont hype yourself about Aruajo-Garcia. It may end up like Arthur-De Jong duo which failed miserably.

Andresito

Staff member
You guys realise he will be titular again?
He said after Bayern match "if I have to, I'll be first to leave". Anyone know more about his status in Barcelona, because he didn't offer to leave at all! He's hiding behind Messi's Burofax drama, but for how long?

Nobody at the club told him to leave. If they would have, he probably wouldn't make as big of a fuss as Vidal and Suarez made, I assume.

Androutsos

He has been our best defender since even before Puyol left (who was a shell in his last season understandably) and still is today. If you think Garcia, Araujo or Todibo are going to be able to step in and be half as good as him, you are sorely mistaken. In fact, I'd say putting them in with Lenglet would even make Lenglet worse, because playing two reactionary defenders isn't a good thing. If Pique is going to step out of the team, it needs to be for a 'star' defender.

khaled_a_d

He has been our best defender since even before Puyol left (who was a shell in his last season understandably) and still is today. If you think Garcia, Araujo or Todibo are going to be able to step in and be half as good as him, you are sorely mistaken. In fact, I'd say putting them in with Lenglet would even make Lenglet worse, because playing two reactionary defenders isn't a good thing. If Pique is going to step out of the team, it needs to be for a 'star' defender.

I wasn't a fan of signing De Ligt,but in a hindsight he would have been a better purchase than spending money on Griezmann

Birdy

Upamecano should have been the no1 target already.
De Ligt (even though i rate him) has been overhyped, and his price has unreasonable skyrocketed.
There is no better young CB prospect at the moment than Upamecano.
Next board should go out and out for him as soon as possible, before he ends in another European top club.

Pique needs to go, and Garcia and Araujo are good but not sufficient. We need world-class material there

SmilerBam

I'd rather replace Lenglet.What people see in him?He is a a very average defender for a big club like Barca.

zanela

I'd rather replace Lenglet.What people see in him?He is a a very average defender for a big club like Barca.

QFT

A starter at any big club must have ATLEAST one elite skill, whatever the position. Players like Lenglet and Griezmann are uninspiring and deficient. And the less said the better about Roberto.

behindbrowneyes

No one mentioning him?
He was bit lucky with that withdrawn red card, but apart from that he was class. Organised and led from the back, especially when Barca went down to 10.
Great leader for Araujo too.

Messi983

If he'll play tomorrow against FE it will be his 350th league game. And potentially 300th game he'd play full 90 minutes in. Also close to 30.000 total minutes and 30 goals.

1602835100841.jpg

Home of Barca Fans