Page 735 of 741 FirstFirst ... 235635685725733734735736737 ... LastLast
Results 11,011 to 11,025 of 11101

Thread: 3 - Gerard Piqué

pique would make a great president because unlike the current board and many presidents past, he actually speaks his mind in the face of clear injustices. barto is a coward--imagine what a president that empowers and supports our players through their difficulties (i.e tax scandals etc) could do for morale...

for all his flaws, pep was right at least to part with this board and not look back.
    peptastic

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Loved how crowd chanted his name and how he knocked down Williams.

Improvin' Perfection!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neymessi View Post
    Calm down guys. He is a board member. Diplomacy is a must. You don't expect them to declare an all out war do you? As for lucho, I read one of his translated interviews and he had given full support to pique and condemned the wrong decisions by the referees.
    It is sort of in style to criticize Lucho in every which thing. Lucho did not do any thing wrong there, any thing at all. He was like, "Why the fuck are you so bothered? Don't you think he is an adult and that he can handle himself?"
    Last edited by Aryagorn; 12th January 2017 at 01:50 PM.

Too much attention to referees. Start playing better first, then complain.

Quote Originally Posted by BarcaOG View Post
    pique would make a great president because unlike the current board and many presidents past, he actually speaks his mind in the face of clear injustices. barto is a coward--imagine what a president that empowers and supports our players through their difficulties (i.e tax scandals etc) could do for morale...

for all his flaws, pep was right at least to part with this board and not look back.
    Agree!! I'm sick of us being the recipient of bad decisions and RM receiving favours from the ref.

I hope Pique continues to be outspoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Barcilliant View Post
    Agree!! I'm sick of us being the recipient of bad decisions and RM receiving favours from the ref.

I hope Pique continues to be outspoken.
    As a president you have to be diplomatic but pull some strings behind the curtains (I think Bartomeu is doing that but he just doesn't have the power of Perez - that's understandable though because Florentino is 2nd or 3rd most powerful man in Spain) not complaining publicly about everything. If Pique becomes our president he'll need to learn to behave different than he does now as a player.

Sorry, I love Geri and support his declarations about Catalan independency etc. but I disagree with his complaining about referees because it won't bring us anything positive. If anything, this will make things even worse for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    As a president you have to be diplomatic but pull some strings behind the curtains (I think Bartomeu is doing that but he just doesn't have the power of Perez - that's understandable though because Florentino is 2nd or 3rd most powerful man in Spain) not complaining publicly about everything. If Pique becomes our president he'll need to learn to behave different than he does now as a player.

Sorry, I love Geri and support his declarations about Catalan independency etc. but I disagree with his complaining about referees because it won't bring us anything positive. If anything, this will make things even worse for us.
    We are of the exact same opinion.

Mountain Mystic
    Piqué would clean house at barça to better attack RM. Why would Barto attack anyone ? He's dirty and thinking in terms of his own interest.

Look at me!

Pique never said anything about Catalunya independency. Just that he wishes for the referendum to be allowed to happen.

And it won't make it worse. Laporta used to put pressure on rfef and the lfp, and it worked back then. Being quiet while being robbed is what doesn't help.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    As a president you have to be diplomatic but pull some strings behind the curtains
    Barto couldn't pull in a brothel mate. He's a dork.

I mean if only he was a nerd, he'd made smart decisions.
    He's just an awkward person with limited brain.
    And a (former) Perico.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaFCB View Post
    Pique never said anything about Catalunya independency. Just that he wishes for the referendum to be allowed to happen.
    It is funny how so many people don't realize this.

Look at me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TornAndFrayed View Post
    Piqué would clean house at barça to better attack RM. Why would Barto attack anyone ? He's dirty and thinking in terms of his own interest.
    One other thing is Pique is rich and wouldn't be prone to corruption as some other former presidents.

President of FC Barcelona
    Well, Laporta and Bartomeu/Rosell are rich too. Very.

Macri in Argentina is rich too.

As the quote goes: 'Greed does not rest until it is satisfied, and greed is never satisfied'

That said, Pique being a former player and not just a business man gives him far more credibility than anyone else. Pique would probably win quite easily if he really goes for it after he retires. Rich, affluent family and a very popular player and public person.

He has the personality, the balls to not hide and knows the club inside and out as his grandfather is a former VP too, and he has a lot of important contacts, connections in the World. A lot would depend on him appointing the right people though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojan View Post
    One other thing is Pique is rich and wouldn't be prone to corruption as some other former presidents.
    Rich people are amongst the most corrupt people in the world