89 mil. to spend this summer..

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
Getting Masherano will serve us well!

It's a possibility... but all depends of the amount envolved in the deal... Barça already spend 50 millions for this season (Villa 40 and Adriano 10). If Ibra leaves the club, ok that's another thing (Barça will have the finantial results of that transfer), but until this moment, nobody shows some signal to leave him... so...

nebeer

Love is All
Ibra is most probably going to be here next season. Though the arrival of Cesc could mean the exit of Ibra as Iniesta might be moved to the left flank and Villa to the center forward position. I have read that we already have 50 million to spend now, and that should be enough to land Cesc, without having to sell anybody first. Though getting Cesc would not quite fulfill the need of a DM, Cesc can operate as a DM, but he is definitely better as an creative attacking midfielder.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
I actually almost choked on my cereal the other day when I read about us having 50mill instead of 89, which is utter bollocks.

Did Sandro explain why the situation has changed to its current status?

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
Ibra is most probably going to be here next season. Though the arrival of Cesc could mean the exit of Ibra as Iniesta might be moved to the left flank and Villa to the center forward position. I have read that we already have 50 million to spend now, and that should be enough to land Cesc, without having to sell anybody first. Though getting Cesc would not quite fulfill the need of a DM, Cesc can operate as a DM, but he is definitely better as an creative attacking midfielder.

I agree... but those 50 millions to spend, we must put less 10 millions for Adriano, so we have 40 millions and I don't think that Arsenal will let Cesc leave for 40 millions... unless thaey want Ibra... but I also don't believe... so most probably is Ibra stay for 2010/11 and Cesc sign in 2011...

tk_TommyKim

I honestly don't see Cesc coming this summer. We don't necessarily NEED him because we have Keita to cover for Iniesta, and we can even bring up Jonathan. Keita will also be able to cover in DM position as well, but because that position is so critical to the way Barcelona defence is organised, we need a back-up for Busquets, and the back-up will have to be good in air which rules out Mascherano.

Everyone wants to see Cesc back in Barcelona, but it's not really realistic as of now. We better give up on him for another year unless we sell a good player.

Barcafan 2304

If Arsenal stick at 60, we simply dont have it. You can still get good quality for 40m and im sure Guardiola said more quality will be signed this summer.

Home of Barca Fans