89 mil. to spend this summer..

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Thanks for clearing that up mate, thought that was the case. Do you think Rosell is making an issue of this, maybe to point score with the previous regime and Laporta?

Yes I do. I think this is all about taking some of the gloss off Laporta's previous regime and to try and keep transfer costs down in the future. Conspiracy theorists would also say that he is paving the way to get advertising on our shirts and by pleading poverty that would convince some that it was necessary. Something is going on behind the scenes.

koko

one thing i dont understand is if barca had to take a loan to pay the wages and as i understand it they pay the wages in 2 lump sums whats going to happen when the next installment is due?

Warik

Marca are the only ones who have said we could not afford our players wages, and they are well known and even acknowledged by Madrid fans to be in PErez pocket. Not surprisingly the English press picked up on that and act as if its gospel, then stretch it by claiming we have to sell all our players (with their backup being us selling Yaya and Chygrynsky, a greedy 'i want 200k a week' player and a flop, respectively). Being honest its a very good attempt by Perez and his cronies to try and scupper any attempts we make in the transfer market, as players will think twice if they think we could not afford to pay them. The loan in of itself says nothing about financial issues, as Madrid took out a 500m loan last summer to 'restructure the debt', and of course still went off on a spending spree. All major clubs are loaded with debt now, and any cule who honestly tried to claim morale society by thinking we had none was deluded.

As for Martin Samuel, he is an idiot. I still remember his 'When Man Utd tear apart this team of overrated primadonnas' crap before the CL final, not to mention him going on various message boards spouting the very same stuff. Then his between grating teeth apology which was still filled with if's and buts when we tore Utd apart. He has had a bee in his bonnet about that ever since, as we gave to him what all journalists fear getting: a public humiliation. How that guy has still got a job after the pro-white, anti-European agenda he exposes would be a mystery to all if we did not know he works for the daily mail.

Beast

The Observer
Marca are the only ones who have said we could not afford our players wages, and they are well known and even acknowledged by Madrid fans to be in PErez pocket. Not surprisingly the English press picked up on that and act as if its gospel, then stretch it by claiming we have to sell all our players (with their backup being us selling Yaya and Chygrynsky, a greedy 'i want 200k a week' player and a flop, respectively). Being honest its a very good attempt by Perez and his cronies to try and scupper any attempts we make in the transfer market, as players will think twice if they think we could not afford to pay them. The loan in of itself says nothing about financial issues, as Madrid took out a 500m loan last summer to 'restructure the debt', and of course still went off on a spending spree. All major clubs are loaded with debt now, and any cule who honestly tried to claim morale society by thinking we had none was deluded.

As for Martin Samuel, he is an idiot. I still remember his 'When Man Utd tear apart this team of overrated primadonnas' crap before the CL final, not to mention him going on various message boards spouting the very same stuff. Then his between grating teeth apology which was still filled with if's and buts when we tore Utd apart. He has had a bee in his bonnet about that ever since, as we gave to him what all journalists fear getting: a public humiliation. How that guy has still got a job after the pro-white, anti-European agenda he exposes would be a mystery to all if we did not know he works for the daily mail.

looks like you've been away for a while , it's Rosell who said that in an interview not Marca
so it's official
and what 500 Mil loan we took ?

Edit : and here is your economic VP confirm "Again " you couldn't pay the salaries
http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/barca-obligado-severo-plan-ajuste/dasftb/20100715dasdasftb_34/Tes

Last edited:

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Brilliant article from Martin Samuel :D

Arrogant Barca teach us nothing
Barcelona are once again proving to be more than a club. Right now, for instance, they are more a giant financial black hole and in such trouble they need to sell players to ease what Sandro Rosell, the new president, called a short-term liquidity problem.
Translation: they're skint. No wonder Barcelona's directors are so opposed to the collective agreement Premier League clubs in England reach on broadcast rights. If Barcelona were required to share their individually negotiated bounty with the other clubs in La Liga they would have fallen into the sea long ago.

Targeted: Cesc Fabregas is wanted by the Barcelona president
Rosell was forced to make his announcement concerning the parlous state of the finances on radio, admitting that Dmytro Chygrynskiy had been sold back to Shakhtar Donetsk in Ukraine at a £10million loss just to ease the crisis. This from a club who have already cashed in on Yaya Toure to Manchester City for £24m (and doesn't that look another shrewd bit of business at Eastlands in the light of these revelations).
It would appear the previous administration overspent and now Rosell's administration is stuck with the bill. We know the feeling.
Things are so desperate that Rosell can barely afford the first-class fare to tap up Cesc Fabregas in the hope of forcing Arsenal to sell an unhappy player on the cheap.
'The Cesc situation is public knowledge so I'll try to talk to him when I go to South Africa,' said Rosell. 'Everyone knows he wants to come here and we want him back, but there are some things you cannot say until a deal is closed or you pay a premium. We will not pay £40m or £50m for Cesc.'
That should be no deal then. The arrogance of Barcelona is such, however, that, even without the money and a good £20m short of Arsenal's asking price, the president is still angling to open negotiations with a contracted player.
And this from a club whose much-vaunted morality is used to beat up our Premier League on an almost weekly basis? This is the business model to which we should aspire? These are the people who presume to lecture on ethics?
Welcome to the Potless Millionaires Club, Barcelona. Now shut up.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cr...like-Pixie-Geldof-Lib-Dems.html#ixzz0t14xTGh2

Samuel's always been an arrogant fat bastard who's probably never kicked a ball since he was a kid. Massively biased towards the Prem and English players, with a poor knowledge of Europe. He was an overpaid, overly prominent weak link in The Times sports section whilst he was there. He's found his perfect place, writing for a tabloid in the same section as that sensational sports journalist Piers Morgan :lol:

Yes I do. I think this is all about taking some of the gloss off Laporta's previous regime and to try and keep transfer costs down in the future. Conspiracy theorists would also say that he is paving the way to get advertising on our shirts and by pleading poverty that would convince some that it was necessary. Something is going on behind the scenes.

Exactly what my reaction to it was. I have no doubts our finances aren't as rosy as Laporta always maintained, but it's standard politics, a new regime come in and make out everything is horrendous, blaming it all on the previous lot.

Last edited:
D

Dino

I dont know if this has been discussed before but are the lack of funds something Rossell has made up or exaggerated? To try and stain the Laporta era? How do you go from spending €60mill on a very elusive player like Ibrahimovic to not being able to pay the rent?

Home of Barca Fans