Do you think the 4 year gap between World Cups should be decreased?

Do you think the 4 year gap between World Cups should be decreased?

• Yes

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 41 87.2%

• Total voters

desoe

I think the World Cup should not exist anymore, tbh. It's just making my players tired + injuries are possible. I prefer Xaviesta, Pique, Puyol & Messi fresh and ready for action, rather than tired as hell because of a crap tournament like this.

nebeer

Love is All
I think the World Cup should not exist anymore, tbh. It's just making my players tired + injuries are possible. I prefer Xaviesta, Pique, Puyol & Messi fresh and ready for action, rather than tired as hell because of a crap tournament like this.

What? Really?

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match

your just mad bc bulgaria never in it

tk_TommyKim

There are simply too many different tournaments. World Cup, Olympics, EURO/CONMEBOL/etc., and their qualifiers. The players need vacation.

Barcafan 2304

There are simply too many different tournaments. World Cup, Olympics, EURO/CONMEBOL/etc., and their qualifiers. The players need vacation.

What they need to look at is meaningless friendlies. Im not a fan of Harry Redknapp, but I thought his rant last week about the scheduling of international friendlies just before the start of this new season was bang on

Stoichkov

leave Bulgaria out of this bro. Im from Bulgaria and i love the world cup. Sure we rarely make it, but when we do its extra special. Thats why you have back-up teams- been supporting Holland since like 15.

to answer the topic. every 4 years for the World Cup is just right. You've got the Euro in between so its all good. Plus it means more qualifiers/injuries/makes new world cups less valuable

desoe

I'm happy actually. Shame will be huge if we participate, so it's better for us to stay out of it. But it's not like we have the chance to qualify, so ... :lol:

But really - WC is not what it used to be and it'll never ever be again. Of course, I can't have the same thinking as the people from the huge football nations, but the WC does not entertain me from my point of view. If I want to watch Messi, I prefer watching him playing at 100% for Barca, than barely walking and completely exhausted at the WC. You're not watching the star players at the WC, you're watching their shadows. Simple as that. For some of them I have the feeling that they're playing because they're forced to, not because they "feel the magic".

Last edited:

Barcafan 2304

I'm happy actually. Shame will be huge if we participate, so it's better for us to stay out of it. But it's not like we have the chance to qualify, so ... :lol:

But really - WC is not what it used to be and it'll never ever be again. Of course, I can't have the same thinking as the people from the huge football nations, but the WC does not entertain me from my point of view. If I want to watch Messi, I prefer watching him playing at 100% for Barca, than barely walking and completely exhausted at the WC. You're not watching the star players at the WC, you're watching their shadows. Simple as that. For some of them I have the feeling that they're playing because they're forced to, not because they "feel the magic".

Great post. Playing for your country has lost its magic for many footballers

Home of Barca Fans