Carlos Dunga

F

Flavia

I'm glad he's gone. And great post by Petra.

Dunga's dumb. Look at germany. A lot of players under 23. Dunga wouldn't call players like Neymar and Ganso because they're too young. And insisted on stupidities like doni, melo, julio batista, gilberto, kleberson. Not to mention Jorginho. Jorginho left some good people of the staff out and replaced them with some of his church buddies. And I'm not kidding. Half, or more of that brazil team was more like a church congregation or something like that. I still get ashamed when I remember the confedaration's cup final, and all that religious stuff. Nothing against religion, but I think one has to put sports and religion apart.

MJ BarcaFan

I'm glad he's gone. And great post by Petra.

Dunga's dumb. Look at germany. A lot of players under 23. Dunga wouldn't call players like Neymar and Ganso because they're too young. And insisted on stupidities like doni, melo, julio batista, gilberto, kleberson. Not to mention Jorginho. Jorginho left some good people of the staff out and replaced them with some of his church buddies. And I'm not kidding. Half, or more of that brazil team was more like a church congregation or something like that. I still get ashamed when I remember the confedaration's cup final, and all that religious stuff. Nothing against religion, but I think one has to put sports and religion apart.

What sort of religious stuff happened last year at ConFed Cup? Can you elaborate more on this as Meta had mentioned the same in the other thread. So it is true after all? Like a cult or something? What is the name of that cult?

F

Flavia

What sort of religious stuff happened last year at ConFed Cup? Can you elaborate more on this as Meta had mentioned the same in the other thread. So it is true after all? Like a cult or something? What is the name of that cult?
They had a mini cult in the middlefield, and Lucio preached. And a lot of them had religious messages on their shirts, and most took off the Brazil jersey to show the messages. That was the worst to me. They took off the jersey to make advertising of their religion's choice. That is one of the reasons I never supported that team. They are called "evangelicos" here, I don't know the exact translation. And there's a dozen of differents "evangelic" churches, I have no idea if the "evangelicos" there are from the same one.

Spector

The name of the cult is allegedly "Christianity".

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
They had a mini cult in the middlefield, and Lucio preached. And a lot of them had religious messages on their shirts, and most took off the Brazil jersey to show the messages. That was the worst to me. They took off the jersey to make advertising of their religion's choice. That is one of the reasons I never supported that team. They are called "evangelicos" here, I don't know the exact translation. And there's a dozen of differents "evangelic" churches, I have no idea if the "evangelicos" there are from the same one.

Evangelical Christians, im sure Kaka is one of them aswell. First i've heard of this from Brazil in the Confed Cup though, didn't bother paying much attention to it.

Antimilan

Maybe the lack of decent players made it impossible for Dunga to show what he was all about at coaching.... but from what I actually saw during this World Cup... he was just a replica of Otto Rehagel and Mourinho.

Spector

Maybe the lack of decent players made it impossible for Dunga to show what he was all about at coaching.... but from what I actually saw during this World Cup... he was just a replica of Otto Rehagel and Mourinho.

It's a deeper attitude Dunga has that's to blame, and the quote by Arrigo Sacchi just before the quarter final sums it up :

"Dunga has been inspired in his approach to the last couple of tournaments by how Brazil performed in beating my Italy team in 1994. They had a genius called Rai - but Carlos Parreira dropped him for the final and put a destroyer named Mazinho in his place.Dunga was in that side and that type of decision has misguided him as a coach."

Home of Barca Fans