Bastian Schweinsteiger

MIXA

He has left United. I wonder if we could have ever brought him here as a short term option.

Could have tried a 4-3-3 but with the reverse triangle mid, I.e double pivot with Busi and Schweinsteiger. I know that he is old now, but in my opinion he is still one of the very best midfielders on the ball. Technically excellent player.

Cool

He has left United. I wonder if we could have ever brought him here as a short term option.

Could have tried a 4-3-3 but with the reverse triangle mid, I.e double pivot with Busi and Schweinsteiger. I know that he is old now, but in my opinion he is still one of the very best midfielders on the ball. Technically excellent player.

With all due respect, Barca is not a retirement home and we already have our own wage problems.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Bayern sold him. He wasn't lighting it up in Manchester prior to Mourinho arriving.

Evidence is against him being of any use to us. His legs long time gone.

BBZ8800

We already have enough of players who can't run anymore (Messi, Iniesta, Rakitic) or who are naturally slow as turtles so they can't run too much either (Busi, Gomes).

MIXA

With all due respect, Barca is not a retirement home and we already have our own wage problems.

That is why I said short term, I.e only 6 months. Besides, he is still a better midefielder than Denis, Arda, Rafinha and perhaps even Gomes at this point. Even if we only used him as a rotation option, our second string midfield would look much stronger with the German instead of what we are currently using. He has high wages but Barca is not a poor club. They can most certainly afford to keep a high earning player for 6 months.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Americans...

If their baseball and American football champions are somehow declared "world champions" :rolleyes:, I guess the winner of the MLS can be considered "world champions" , eg, "World Cup"... :lol:

Last edited:

Yannik

Rolemodel for many young players, a marshal on the pitch. Him and Martinez in 2013 were one of the greatest defensive midfields in modern football.
His performances against Barca and Argentina were key to Messi missing out on 2 normally deserved Ballon D'Ors.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans