Bastian Schweinsteiger

Trequartista

The good
"I love the kind of speed of the English game but I don't know what will happen with me,"
"I have a contract until 2012 and we'll see.

"What I love is the atmosphere in English stadiums. When we played last year in Manchester it was fantastic.

"My brother is a big fan of Man U and he always says, 'Go to Man U, go to Man U.' I say, 'I can't, I can't."

He laughed: "Maybe they can swap me for Rooney."

"I watch the English games on TV and I like the Chelsea style at the moment. They're very strong."

"For me, in England the fans are better," "When the team give their best, they are not booing.

"It's more like they are fans more with the heart
It looks that he will go to EPL when his contrcat ends,hopefully this is true as I thought he is a Madrid bound

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
He really turned into a strong and still versatile center midfielder with hardly a weakness ... too bad his physiognomy doesnt allow him to run at a decent speed ...

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
El Tren, is there any actual possibility that he will leave Bayern? if so, where too? hed have to leave Germany wouldnt he?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I still operate under the general premise that German stars, in their prime, do not leave the Bundesliga - especially Bayern...Mesut & Khedira would appear to contradict that but a footnote should be attached to those two who are children of immigrants

But if the hogrider were to leave, I see the Premiership as the best fit for him...But, that remains a sizable IF

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Indeed, Bayern was mostly able to keep their stars if they wanted to. There is still the chance that Schweinsteiger will leave to see and experience sth new, but he knows that he has a good team and coach in munich and is on top of the internal hierarchy. He also has friends and family there so there is a certain barrier to leave.

So it could be down to a maybe 10% chance ... and then i dont see him going anywhere except RM or Utd tbh ...

Trequartista

The good
Exclusive BS.com
Manchester United have opened talks over an £18 million move for Bayern Munich star Bastian Schweinsteiger after club officials flew out to Germany, BS.com UK can reveal.

United executives held talks with Schweinsteiger's representatives in Munich on Thursday and were still in the German city on Friday as they look to beat Chelsea and Real Madrid to his signature next summer.

Schweinsteiger's contract at Bayern Munich expires in June 2012 and speculation has intensified over his future as he has so far rejected the German club's attempts to persuade him to sign a new contract.

United have indicated that they are willing to match Bayern's offer of £140,000-a-week in wages over a five-year contract, and BS.com understands Schweinsteiger has indicated he is keen to take on a new challenge away from the Bundesliga.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Schweinsteiger just revealed after the match (3-0 victory over St Pauli) that he extended his contract until 2016, as expected.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Schweinsteiger just revealed after the match (3-0 victory over St Pauli) that he extended his contract until 2016, as expected.

As expected, indeed...I would've been curious to see Bastian in the Premiership, for example, where he perhaps could've added something to United's midfield

Trequartista

The good

:lol: I really love BS.com's exclusives,when they signed Villa for Barca in 2009's summer,we anounced the break up of negotiations with Valencia,they signed Honda for Milan in and Exclusive for BS UK and then when they say that Man U are favourites to land Bastian in the morning,he reveals he signed an extension in the afternoon,I love Goal.com

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
god damn, bayern really knows how to hold on to their players... AND keep them motivated...

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Very funny short interview with Hoeness after the match:

Reporter: "How did you convince Schweinsteiger to stay?"

Hoeness: "We paid good"

R: "But that couldnt be the only thing that mattered ... ?"

H: "Fortunately they are all professionals, so money is all that matters"

R: "But he said that his heart beats red ..."

H: "... ok ... " with an ironic grin on his face ;)

So not unlikely that Utd reps really been in munich on friday, and then Schweinsteiger and his agent negotiated afterwards with Bayern and demanded a good sum, backed up by the Utd offer ...

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans