Bastian Schweinsteiger

hardyboy

Should we buy him??If Samper goes on loan and Roberto plays as RB we wouldn't have a backup for Busquets.. His presence would be helpful, also he is a very nice lad..

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Should we buy him??If Samper goes on loan and Roberto plays as RB we wouldn't have a backup for Busquets.. His presence would be helpful, also he is a very nice lad..

I'm not sure he's even good our bench right now. His legs are gone.

hardyboy

Nah. He's a shadow of what he was.

I understand that he isn't the same player anymore but his presense and experience could be really helpful like Xavi in 2014-15 season. I'm also not liking how that cunt Mourinho is treating him. Ancelotti has also refused to take him back.He doesn't deserve the treatment he's getting. He is one of the fewest players i respect..

Last edited:

El Flaco

Mourinho on Schweinsteiger during the press conference ahead of the Community Shield match against Leicester City on Sunday

Interviewer: Good afternoon, Jose. Lots already has been said ahead of not just this Sunday, but of the season as a whole. Firstly, could you clear the situation with Bastian Schweinsteiger now and what’s actually happening with him?

Jose: What is happening… is happening… What is happening is what is happening in every club in the world, which is – the manager decides his squad, and choose a certain number of players to face the season, and that’s it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yes Basti's legs are gone, yes he is nowhere near his peak form of 12/13, yes he is injury-prone and slow these days, but (1) IF he can manage to stay healthy and (2) IF he accepts the bench role and (3) IF he is willing to accept a paycut I do see some value in him in terms of helping stablize our midfield and filling the void of the CM role a bit. But I don't see it happening.

He went to Manchester United because growing up he and his older brother Tobias were ManU fans, the latest I read was he is still fighting to stay at Manchester United and if that fails, I see him going to the MLS for a few years and finally returning to Bayern in some other capacity.

Devils

There is absolutely no room for him or his wages.

He's a nice guy but he is done and dusted. Should be nowhere near Barca.

DonAK

Arda is better than him. The only void he will be filling is the one on the stands.

DonAK

I wouldn't be surprised to see City try to get him.

Pep not willing to give him a free ride was basically the reason he left Bayern. Bayern didn't want him to leave, so I don't see him going to City.

Home of Barca Fans