Bastian Schweinsteiger

Cule4life

The Culest
Schweinsteiger has declined massively and is injured more than he plays. Not sure why United fans are celebrating. Bayern did the right thing to offload him as this was the last chance to make some money on him. If schweini continues his decline it would be a huge waste of money for United

Martindn

Gamble for sure, not an expensive one though really in terms of wages when you take into consideration losing Van persie or fees in relative to income, thats less than cabaye lol. Could be a wildcard, id be worried if Schneiderlin is not to be signed though. Wasn't his lack of games last year more due to Xabi alonso playing well after his injury?

Now they seem to have no decent youngsters coming through and rely on buying big names who are just past their best.

Their academy has always been overrated, a lot like La Masia really. They've had a couple of golden generations, but mostly they produce one decent squad player per 5 years. But spending big on players past their best?

Herrera - 26
Mata - 27
Di Maria - 27
Fellaini - 27(?)
Rojo - 25
Shaw - 19
Depay - 21

Falcao was a loan that no one in their right minds should decline
Schweinsteiger is not the same player as before, but he can give at least two great years and he'll be a great teacher for the young players

Its mind boogling how Utd has gone from the rather conservative spendings of Fergie and then to go full r-tard under Moyes/Van Gaal in terms of spendings and wages. United-supporters seems not to worry at all.

The conservative approach of Gil and Fergie got them into this problem in the first place.

Not paying an additional 6m for Hazard :lol:
Letting Anderson, Cleverley and Fletcher run their midfield :lol:
How they spent the Ronaldo money :lol:

If anything, I'm surprised that a top 4 club in the world took this long to finally spend, yet they aren't even spending crazy Real/Barca amounts yet so I'm not sure what the big deal is :lol:

Gamble for sure, not an expensive one though really in terms of wages when you take into consideration losing Van persie or fees in relative to income, thats less than cabaye lol. Could be a wildcard, id be worried if Schneiderlin is not to be signed though. Wasn't his lack of games last year more due to Xabi alonso playing well after his injury?

The same doctor that Pep disrespected gave Schweini two months off to start the season. He had a knock against BVB and a really bad case of the flu as well. The Xabi signing just compounded things.

S7_MUFC

Its mind boogling how Utd has gone from the rather conservative spendings of Fergie and then to go full r-tard under Moyes/Van Gaal in terms of spendings and wages. United-supporters seems not to worry at all.

I don't see why we should be worried considering how much money we make...Underspending during Fergie resulted in our recent decline and the board has learned the lesson that it is far too risky not to spend...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I still have his autographed German NT match worn jersey that he wore in a Euro qualifier game against Kazakhstan in 2011. Viel Glück, Basti, Viel Glück, Fußballgott!

8e71c9eegw1etz5c6gsjij20pk1o34fe.jpg

CuleLife4Life

Some bayern fans must hate pep right now. But it is a good decision for all the parties involved imo.

Looks like most understand why. His injury history is not pretty and decline is evident. Bastian himself has always wanted to play in another top league. Van Gaal is close to him plus there are enough games in EPL where he doesn't have to play the bulk.

oggydude

The CEO changed from David Gill to Woodward, and the Glazer debt has been reduced significantly to a manageable amount in addition to amazing deals with Chevrolet/Adidas/DHL/new PL money that more money was going to be offered to the manager, a shame that Fergie couldn't utilise it, the amount we spent from 2009-12 was woeful still cannot believe Fergie kept us competitive with Owen/Valencia/Cleverly replacing Tevez/Ronaldo/Scholes. We will still try and buy good upcoming youngster though like with the Depay/Shaw deals.

Alarcón

So non-existent that they ran City and Liverpool twice and Chelsea once? This despite having injuries galore, three different formations in less than a year, Rooney playing CM at times and LVG initially having no idea what to do with Herrera and Mata.

I get that the EPL is behind La Liga and maybe even the BL in terms of quality midfielders, but let's not go overboard.

You are imagining things my friend. I never talked about the EPL, only about United.

Adversus

The CEO changed from David Gill to Woodward, and the Glazer debt has been reduced significantly to a manageable amount in addition to amazing deals with Chevrolet/Adidas/DHL/new PL money that more money was going to be offered to the manager, a shame that Fergie couldn't utilise it, the amount we spent from 2009-12 was woeful still cannot believe Fergie kept us competitive with Owen/Valencia/Cleverly replacing Tevez/Ronaldo/Scholes. We will still try and buy good upcoming youngster though like with the Depay/Shaw deals.

That shows how good Rooney is even though a lot of people don't appreciate him.

BenRobbins

I would like to think he would be playing as an 8 instead of a 6 next to carrick. Last year when he played as a 6 alongside alonso bayern were terrible and it didn't work one bit so i hope we don't make the same mistake!

S7_MUFC

I would like to think he would be playing as an 8 instead of a 6 next to carrick. Last year when he played as a 6 alongside alonso bayern were terrible and it didn't work one bit so i hope we don't make the same mistake!

He'll most likely rotate with Carrick considering their age/injury record last season..

You are imagining things my friend. I never talked about the EPL, only about United.

The point being, United having a non-existent midfield, in your own words, got the best of the aforementioned teams' own stacked (less in the case of Liverpool) midfield. How is that even possible? :lol:

Home of Barca Fans