Andoni Zubizarreta

S

Super Pippo

Txiki was vasco also? Never knew, guess the nose was a give away though.

S

Super Pippo

I thought it was Catalan to be honest, didn't have enough z's to make me think it was vasco.

S

Super Pippo

You get lots of x's in Catalan names as well though, and Gallego where it also replaces the castellano j and g. But with him being in Barca I assumed Catalan.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
You get lots of x's in Catalan names as well though, and Gallego where it also replaces the castellano j and g. But with him being in Barca I assumed Catalan.

When you are talking about Barcelona players from the late 80's and early 90's it's safe to assume they are Vasco, the Dream Team was dominated by Basques. We are currently in a sort of golden age of Catalan talent, go back 20 years and Spain's talent pool was Basque-heavy.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Sergio, come on man. With a name of Aitor Begiristain Mújica - that's a Vasco. Txiki was just nickname. Besides, Catalán names are actually for of form: Sobregrau, Diumaró, Senillòsa, etc. with them mainly finishing with a vocal with a few exceptions like Planes, Oros, Lull etc.

ps. Will be interesting to see how Zubi will handle his job. Wish him all the luck for the next 6-7 years (given he'll stay for that amount of time, of course).

Home of Barca Fans