Andoni Zubizarreta

jamrock

57 for his potential yes, for his contractual situation doesn't come much worst than 57m for a player in the last year of his contract

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
57 for his potential yes, for his contractual situation doesn't come much worst than 57m for a player in the last year of his contract
Even though it does seem a pretty big figure if you just consider his contract situation... It is actually not! Neymar, for good or bad, is actually our own galactico signing!!
Even if, God forbid, he fails as a player for us he would still fetch us money and we would only end up making profit on his transfer... He has 'Perez's kind of player' written all over him and that has actually increased his price, a lot! I hate Rosell for a lot of reasons but I give him credit for signing Neymar amidst so many offers having been made for Santos and far better ones at that!!

Shegzy

Even though it does seem a pretty big figure if you just consider his contract situation... It is actually not! Neymar, for good or bad, is actually our own galactico signing!!
Even if, God forbid, he fails as a player for us he would still fetch us money and we would only end up making profit on his transfer... He has 'Perez's kind of player' written all over him and that has actually increased his price, a lot! I hate Rosell for a lot of reasons but I give him credit for signing Neymar amidst so many offers having been made for Santos and far better ones at that!!

neymar already had a pre-contract with us,if we back down we will pay 80m and if goes to another club he will pay 80m.so his signing for us was a matter of when.nice job by rosell for the pre-contract thing.hopefully we will have already have a pre-contract with stergen and 2cb against next summer transfer window.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barcelona board want to use the option in the contract (until 2014) of sports director Zubizarreta to renew him for two more years. [sport]

:facepalm:

jamrock

neymar already had a pre-contract with us,if we back down we will pay 80m and if goes to another club he will pay 80m.so his signing for us was a matter of when.nice job by rosell for the pre-contract thing.hopefully we will have already have a pre-contract with stergen and 2cb against next summer transfer window.

was about to say basically the samething in response to Aryagorn so thanks.

it didnt matter who bided more, he was always coming to us, personally i dont think any team who would be competition to us came in with more than 57m regardless

Galning

Barcelona board want to use the option in the contract (until 2014) of sports director Zubizarreta to renew him for two more years. [sport]

:facepalm:

That was pretty obvious from the start. With a lot of these positions, a new man will come together with a new president.

Cule4life

The Culest
Zubi.jpg

I guess there were 37 RM fans

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He is just a puppet anyway. Although, I suspect his power increased since Pep left.

Presidents need retired players (preferably legends) to help them gain favor with the public and it is kinda ironic that Zubi somewhat lost his initial purpose. At least judging by social media opinion.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I have to say that I am honestly happy with him pursuing Neymar and Denis Suarez(!) this summer, although he could've done way better. Sell Song, Masche back to DM and a new CB for instance...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Official: Zubizaretta renews his contract as Barca sporting director to 2016.

:alveshat: :mou:

Tomchin

So his extension until 2016 is official, hurrah :(

FC Barcelona ‏@FCBarcelona_cat 5m
El FC Barcelona i Andoni Zubizarreta arriben a un acord per a l’ampliació del contracte fins al 30 de juny del 2016 http://ow.ly/qA5Vl

Home of Barca Fans