Do we need additional left winger if Henry stays?

If Henry stays do we need an extra winger?

• Yes

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Let`s suppose Henry continues with his good performances and Pep decides we should keep him. What do we do then? Go for Silva, Van Persie or some other left winger/forward or we just stick with the current choices.
Cast your vote!

Evil

Shabazz
Henry is not a pure left winger, and neither is Iniesta. Even if he goes or stays I´d say we should buy either one of Silva or RVP .. Henry can then rotate for the CF role, and Iniesta in his original midfield position and he can be the backup for whoever the new left winger will be.

thierry14henry

simple answer to a simple question: no

we already have 4 class/world class players competing for that spot, I think 4 is good enough

Henry, iniesta, Hleb, and maybe boyan are enough

roll

Tryin` to be hated
Milan Jovanovic (Standard de Liege)
Isnt he left footed? We need a right footed player on the left wing so he can cut in the middle. He is playing great in Standard but Belgium league is not so good...and he is not a promising player while he is 27 years old.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with the point that a right footed player would be of more use for us.
Unless Pep is thinking of a tall target man (like he did in the summer) and then we`d be having Dani Alves + LW`s crosses coming in.

F

FCB_Titi_LB

Isnt he left footed? We need a right footed player on the left wing so he can cut in the middle. He is playing great in Standard but Belgium league is not so good...and he is not a promising player while he is 27 years old.

amazing you know of him :) my intention was to get your attention (forum people) . Yeah but do u know his rushes ? he is deadly (messi way)
But you are right...hes pretty old...but still he is in his best shape he ever was

Evil

Shabazz
simple answer to a simple question: no

we already have 4 class/world class players competing for that spot, I think 4 is good enough

Henry, iniesta, Hleb, and maybe boyan are enough

Funny thing is, none of them are left wingers ?! Henry and Bojan are strikers, while Iniesta and Hleb are midfielders (playmakers) .. I know they are doing a good job in that position but I'd rather we get someone who's original position is a left winger.

F

FCB_Titi_LB

lets play the RMadrid game: lets buy Robben :) on the left (he can rush from midfield :D)

Evil

Shabazz
Robben would be an excellent addition (but that's like us giving Madrid Messi so it won't happen), another good name brought up last season was Robinho but he went to ManCity. Then there are some La Liga options: Guardado, Diego Capel, and David Silva.

FCB-Michael

Mack the Knife
Much depends on Pep. Does he see Iniesta as LW or MC next season. And will Txiki impose some player like he did in Rijkaard era.

maz

I walk the line
I am often one that gives players a chance, but right now i have the "bojan should go out on loan" bug. I think henry should stay in the squad and we bring in silva if he wants to come. Henry has proven that he can do it down the middle and also on the left. Silva would add that extra dimension we need, and we could rotate since there would effectively be 4 players for 3 positions (if u dont include hleb..who its hard to find a space for tbh).

However i also really like jeffrén and am surprised pep hasnt used him more on the left. I guess he doesnt feel he is disciplined enough to play in our system. He is definitely one for the future in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Home of Barca Fans