Joan Capdevila

Kubala

It was disgusting to be honest... Seriously, besides Cristina and his well known antics, the Spaniards have been diving like mad this WC... Suspiciously only Busquets gets the stick, hahahaha...

I don't think it's just the Spaniards, i've noticed everyone this world cup is diving whenever their is contact. Football is becoming a non-contact sport.

Aasim

Bumbleman
My man Caperz is allowed to leave on a free this year. I would love to see him in a Barca shirt even though he played for the blue and white scum.

I think he would be a good back up to Abidal by replacing Maxwell.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Capdevila is Catalan and still a decent player and no wonder Barca is interested. I'm not so sure if need a LB though even if Maxwell leaves. I mean, Adriano is here and he looks better on the left than on the right.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Actually he's 30 (31 in Feb) and MD is reporting that the former RM cantera player has been turning down offers to play elsewhere in the hopes that the move to Barca happens

Trickykid

Actually he's 30 (31 in Feb) and MD is reporting that the former RM cantera player has been turning down offers to play elsewhere in the hopes that the move to Barca happens

Yugi is right here. He's 33 alright (3. February 1978).

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
He's a great player who saves his best for when it matters the most, much as Barcelona's captain does. He's at the end of his career but can still be a valuable squad player. He's a Catalan and was a starter during all of Spain's finest moments so I think he'd have no trouble fitting in.

Plus it would mean 8 starters of the WC final would have played for Barcelona, compared to Madrid's 3. :lol:

Barcafan 2304

Could get 2-3 more good seasons out of him and would provide extra strength in that area. Seeing as he is free, might as bloody well

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
much rather have him in the squad than Max. sure, we'd lose out on the crazy attacking skillz Max gives us, but we'd have a proven big game presence at the back, should we haveta play Bilal at CB or whatever.

He's a great player who saves his best for when it matters the most, much as Barcelona's captain does. He's at the end of his career but can still be a valuable squad player. He's a Catalan and was a starter during all of Spain's finest moments so I think he'd have no trouble fitting in.

Plus it would mean 8 starters of the WC final would have played for Barcelona, compared to Madrid's 3. :lol:

if we sign him and Cesc, we could put out an XI where the only non World Cup Winner would be Messi.

Valdés
Puyol Busi Piqué Joan
Cesc Xavi Iniesta
Pedro Messi Villa​

:D

desoe

Rumours are saying that Benfica are in pole for him. I guess we're interested, but not interested that much.

Co0ter

IMO he's too old, too slow. We hold possession so much that we usually only give up goals during a counter-attack or a mistake in the midfield. We need fast fullbacks that can close down counter-attacks and keep up with pacey wingers...it's the precise reason why Maxwell is such a liability on defense. Look at Adriano for instance, he bailed us out HUGE in 3-4 plays at the end of last season. I couldn't stomach another slow fullback...especially will Puyol's health questionable and Abidal probably seeing a lot of CB this season.

Home of Barca Fans