Simon Kjaer

Simon Kjær (born 26 March 1989 in Horsens) is a Danish professional football player, who plays as a centre back for Palermo. He was named 2007 Danish under-19 talent of the year and 2009 Danish Talent of the Year, and has played ten games for the Denmark national football team.

kjaer.jpg

Scouts in Italy describe the 6.2ft defender as athletically gifted, tall, very strong and well built. He possesses great aerial ability and heading. He can be a top level central defender, but still needs to improve his pace and technical ability.

Thanks to some fine displays, Kjaer was called up to the full national squad of Denmark in February although he is yet to make a full international appearance. When he does finally make the step up it will be no surprise if Kjaer bags some crucial goals for his country.

So far Kjaer has scored two goals in his time at Palermo, creating a niche for himself as a goal scoring centre back. His most recent goal in the 5-2 win over Lecce on Sunday was a very fine piece of finishing – a terrific lob from a tight angle that displayed the technical qualities of this up-and-coming defender.

Since he is contracted to Palermo until 2012/2013 it is likely that Kjaer could be sold for around 11 million euros, which is the release clause in his contract. If he is does leave this summer, Palermo will make a tidy profit and there will also be a nice fee for his agent – ex-Middlesbrough striker Mikkel Beck.

___________________________________________________________________________________

This guy was impressive against Cameroon very solid and mature for his age. Think he is a good option for 11 million euros. He would play enough because a team like Barcelona copes with 60 games a season, and it would be interesting with Rafa leaving.

V

Valderrama

Good player.

He's been linked with Manchester United lately but I think he will stay at Palermo.

Trequartista

The good
Great player,Probably one of the few defenders who are a pleasure to watch,He is only 21,he can be one of the the best defenders in the world in the next 2 years,we dont need defenders but I like that guy so much,I dont want him to go to Liverpool or Milan,maybe Manchester or Arsenal would suit him.

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
He is ok i guess, although imho is little bit overprised... He is not yet worth those money Palermo is asking for him, so probably he will stay there for 1-2 more seasons, and if continue to grow like his is now, at this rate, will make big transfer..

Home of Barca Fans