18 Albert Bunjaku(FW)
19 Eren Derdiyok(FW)
20 Pirmin Schwegler(MD)
21 Johnny Leoni(GK)
22 Mario Eggimann(DF)
23 Xherdan Shaqiri(MD)

Coach
Ottmar Hitzfeld

Impressive defensive display vs. European champions. Props to Hitzfeld.
I wouldn't mind having that Inler in Barca harassing our opponents.

sMiLeYz

Blaise Nkufo impressed me today, I think if he were a few years younger he would have been better for Barca than Zlaten. Too bad Seattle Sounders signed him.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Why would Federer want a revenge against Nadal... he pissed all over him!!
Nadal is never going to achieve what Federer did

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Why? He is 4 years younger, you don't think he can catch up?

It depends on if the post-Federer opposition continues to be as pathetic as it is today. But based on his injury history and reliance on athleticism, I wouldn't bet on him being able to keep it up off of clay.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Is he not good enough to win on other surfaces or is he just absolutely too good on clay?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Lazio's Vladimir Petkovic announced as the coach to succeed outgoing Ottmar Hitzfeld on July 1, 2014 according to the Swiss FA

Bosnian born Petkovic had this to say:

"I'm fully aware that on the one hand I have a hard act to follow but on the other I'm taking on a really well-established team with good prospects.

I am very proud. Proud that the Swiss Football Association has entrusted me with the first team from July 1.

I am also proud to take charge of the great team from my second... no... make that my first home.

I've spent 27 of 50 good years of life in Switzerland, which says enough about where I feel at home.

I will do my utmost to ensure that Ottmar and his players can tackle the World Cup in as calm and as focused a way as possible,” he added.

“I want to concentrate on my work now and then on July 1, 2014 I'll be fully ready for my new job.

We will need to be ready immediately because our first assignment will be a qualifying match for the 2016 European Championships.

I am convinced we can be successful in qualifying and also at the finals in France.”

Despite Hitzfeld having led the Suisse to 2 World Cups since his appointment in 2008, I was never really a fan of him or his playing style....Petkovic I know less about but his coaching record is abysmal....The ASF are not really known for making anything but conservative decisions/choices yet the Petkovic one is nevertheless an odd choice

There were rumours that Murat Yakin was a possibility but Basel's unceremonious exit likely didn't help his cause...although I didn't think the ASF would go with a young coach

Alarcón

Despite Hitzfeld having led the Suisse to 2 World Cups since his appointment in 2008, I was never really a fan of him or his playing style....Petkovic I know less about but his coaching record is abysmal....The ASF are not really known for making anything but conservative decisions/choices yet the Petkovic one is nevertheless an odd choice

There were rumours that Murat Yakin was a possibility but Basel's unceremonious exit likely didn't help his cause...although I didn't think the ASF would go with a young coach

Me neither; the current squad is arguably the most talented ever, yet Switzerland dropped out of the 2010 WC despite beating Spain and they didn't even make it to the Euro 2012. He didn't adapt to modern football and it shows, Switzerland still play an old-fashioned brand of football and his individual decisions are very weird, like playing Xhaka as #10 when it's painfully obvious he doesn't belong there.

I wish them the best for the upcoming World Cup but I don't really believe in their success for the aforementioned reasons. A new coach is good for the team but I'm also not quite sure whether Petkovic is the right choice.

Home of Barca Fans