Sergio Ramos

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Sergio Ramos Garc?*a (born 30 March 1986 in Camas, Seville Province in Andalusia) is a Spanish footballer who currently plays for Real Madrid and the Spanish national team. He usually plays as right or centre back.

Ramos began his career at local La Liga giants Sevilla. After only three seasons in the Sevilla first team, Real Madrid signed Sergio Ramos in the summer of 2005, paying his 27m Euro buy-out clause to prise him away from Sevilla, even though he was only 19. The transfer made him the most expensive defender in Spanish football history and the first Spaniard signed by former president Florentino Pérez

A phenomenal athlete, Ramos has gone on to be an integral part of the Real Madrid side and a man tipped to be a future captain of the club, winning two league titles and the European Championship with Spain. Has played at centre-back and even on rare occasions as a central midfielder but is normally employed at right-back, because of his ability to get up and down the line and deliver telling crosses. During his first seasons, Ramos played as centre-back, being also used as an emergency defensive midfielder on occasion. However, with the arrival of Christoph Metzelder and Pepe in the 2007–08 season, he was again relocated to right back. He also can play as left back if necessary. Ramos displayed a goal-scoring instinct unusual to many defenders, netting more than 20 overall goals in Los Blancos shirt during his first four seasons. In an interview with Grada Blanca, he revealed that he used to play as a striker when he was younger, eventually switching to the back four.

Is strong in the air and a real danger from set-plays: scored four in 2005-06, and five in the next two seasons. But his performances dipped at the back end of the 2007-08 season and at the start of the 2008-09 season he complained that he was left all alone on the right wing, was forced into doing too much and forever got the blame when things went wrong.

No thread till now!?:tantrum:

Trequartista

The good
I am one of his biggest fans,even if he is a madridista but I like the way he play,I agree with Mourinho that him at the RCB position can make him one of the best defenders in the world,however he is one of the best 3 rightbacks in the world.

Galning

A few years ago I hated Ramos because, let's face it, he's kind of a retard.
But something made me change my opinion, and that something was this:

[YOUTUBE]ZKZUEiK7tXQ[/YOUTUBE]

Beast

The Observer
He is a lot suited as a CB especially due to his speed and runs from the center and he must have one of the worst crosses i've seen .. i really hate his crossing ability

A few years ago I hated Ramos, because let's face it he's kind of a retard.
But something made me change my opinion, and that something was this:

[YOUTUBE]ZKZUEiK7tXQ[/YOUTUBE]

He was visiting the prison (charity work ) few day before that incident and he promised them if he scored he will dedicate it to them and that was the sign they asked him to do

XaviMessiGirl

:lol:

But anyway, not really a fan of his although he is a good footballer, tbh the only madridista I like is Casillas, well and Xabi Alonso but I still can't think of him as madridista after seeing him at Liverpool. Even if Ramos was at some other club that wasn't Madrid I probably wouldn't really be a fan either, just nothing about him really stands out to me although yes I recognize he does have a lot of talent, not denying that one.

barca96

i still remember during el clasico at the bernabeu when he had a free kick on the half way line and he tried to get messi booked because of obstruction by aiming messi.
and messi was 5m away from him. even messi was startled. ill never forget that moment. such an ass.
but back to his football, he is very similar to alves imo. better at attacking than defending from what ive seen.
never seen him play at cb so...was really hoping milan snapped him a few years back though..hehe

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Ramos is better at defending compared to Alves... and he's not the type to hug the touchline from my limited knowledge

beef-supreme

He was a joke when in the Clasico he tried to do a stupid flying clearance, from Messi's chip to Titi, sometimes i feel that he's a bit mentally retarded because he makes some rash decisions and just seems a bit meh. But he is a good defender and a massive aerial threat on a good day.
On a bad day (e.g. Clasico 6-2 @ Bernabeu) he's a joke.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
beast, I agree I don't like his type of crossing. it reminds me of Nani's and Pedro's type of crossing which is a hard ball. it can be very effective if you're far down the wing and sometimes Ramos crosses are very efficient.

he's a good RB, fucks up sometimes but he is a good RB. top 5 in the world easily. in CB he is better but the competition there is harder..

el guaje, no no no no no. he's better at CB although he is definately not a trainwreck as RB. if there's any RBs I would replace Dani with(a scenario where DAni HAS to go) that would be Maicon and Ramos.

E

el-guaje

I dont agree mate. Ramos and Albiol at centre half for Real Madrid this year was hard to watch. Bombscares the pair of them in there.

Easily in the 2nd best RB in the world though behind Maicon.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
tell me Gio, does he get involved more in mid field or hug the touchline... because many of the times that I've seen him go up, he's found some where in the mid-field

Home of Barca Fans