Sergio Ramos

El Gato

Villarato!
I read the thread and I'm not buying it. It's very convenient when it's your player to start talking about the situation as incidental or "grey", saying that everything's unclear and being vague about the conversation.

Let me be clear, as much as you'd like to pin my opinion on bias here, in this matter I see him as a complete unattached individual. Madrid supporters would be the first to admit he's a moron. With Ramos you take the epic with the terrible. Most people admitted so on multitude of occasions when he cost the team through his actions and no one with a sane mind would condone intentional assault. However this is not the case because:

"who knows what the intention was?" spiel and "all happened in the span of milliseconds"

.. what you may refer to as old and tired here, I can point to as completely valid points that stand. The remainder of the post is you trying to find the narrative of how things played out given your assumption that Ramos has it all worked out. Which is textbook confirmation bias.

You bring up Pepe and Keane, though I don't see how the first one is even relevant. Pepe's action was just hot-headed stupidity in a temper, causing pain and bruising but no real injury. Even he probably knew going into it that pushing him down lightly and then kicking him in the leg/back wasn't gonna actually injure him. It was just Pepe going berserk and losing his mind.

The Ramos and Keane challenges are a different class, taking advantage of an opportunity in play to damage the opponent. Keane's was completely overt, and he just wanted to fuck up that guy's whole career. Ramos, however, disguises his thuggery quite often.

I bring up Pepe because THAT was what you could deem a deliberate action to injure another player or "an assault". Shit that you ordinarily would get a lengthy ban for, but because it was a precedent in La Liga they mishandled it not knowing how to deal with it and didn't ban him until at least the end of the season.

And the "disguised thuggery" argument.. blimey.. does it mean he disguises some sort of thuggery in every challenge across 90 mins of every game? Because it sounds like you'd be willing to say so. If not, why not accept this may be an occasion where it IS the hard challenge without the intent to hurt the guy? Why? Because it's easier to say the opposite from the perspective of someone who wants to confirm their preconceived notions. Simple as.

Well that kind of arm lock is literally banned in Judo for being too dangerous. It's an obviously high risk action that could cause injury to the opponent, and that yank was completely unnatural during the falling motion. The shoulder is extremely vulnerable to unnatural twists and turns like that, and it's a miracle that Salah somehow didn't injure that one and then went on to injure the shoulder he landed on. Just a matter of there being so much room for injury/damage in that sequence that something had to get fucked up eventually.

So bloody what if it is? Achilles tendons are extremely vulnerable to giving way when an Argentine midget goes through them full speed in an UNNATURAL way. Brazillian teeth are extremely vulnerable to being knocked out by trauma from UNNATURAL contact with Argentine midget's shoulders. Shit was purely incidental.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxCcZe_q1iI

0:24-0:26 - Ramos duels with Salah with arms-shoulders being pushed to the right, pokes the ball, plants the leg (fact you also seem to be ignoring systematically in [MENTION=6099]JamDav1982[/MENTION] 's posts) and Salah trips over his stretched out leg, combination of which with the arm drag causes the fall

And it's absolutely 0 coincidence that the guy is going around the pitch injuring people with hard, loose elbows and shady "tangles".

Not every time it happens. And not in these two cases.

If you can look at that clip and conjure up random rationales for why it "wasn't deliberate" then I could just as easily say that Suarez's bite on Chiellini wasn't intentional. Just incidental contact in a hard grapple for position between two players, Chiellini was butting into Suarez and throwing his arm/shoulder up near his face area. Doesn't look like anything to me :shrug:

Holy cow dude :lol:

Morten

Ramos response : All that is left now is for Firminho to say he caught a cold because a drop of my sweat fell on him.

:lol::lol:

Morten

Not really convinced by Pique - Ramos pairing, they look shaky.
Last time they consistently played well together was 2012? But you cant drop either of them either, big names who still do well on club level.
Expect them to be the CB pairing next tournament as well.

ronniecro

Not really convinced by Pique - Ramos pairing, they look shaky.
Last time they consistently played well together was 2012? But you cant drop either of them either, big names who still do well on club level.
Expect them to be the CB pairing next tournament as well.

there were some rumors that pique will retire from international football after this WC

Home of Barca Fans