Sergio Ramos

BenRobbins

Well, according to whoscored, Jones is pretty much the best cb in pl. So why doesnt anyone rate him?

because he isn't very good haha! He is only young so hopefully he can get better but it's not looking too good at the moment.

Smalling is head and shoulders above him.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
RM set his price tag at €100m.

Man Utd would be mad to pay that kind of money. Otamendi for €50m (?) is a much better deal.

Chainsaw

Killahead
[size=+1]Liga - Paul Parker: Immature hothead Sergio Ramos would be a £30m gamble[/size]

Former Manchester United and England legend Paul Parker is not impressed by the idea that Sergio Ramos is the answer to the prayers of the Old Trafford faithful.

I've been seeing a lot about Sergio Ramos potentially moving to Manchester United, including Jamie Carragher saying how he'll transform United's defence if the move happens.

And the only conclusion I can come to is that Jamie is saying it because he's delighted at how Ramos's string of red cards would help out Liverpool.

The bottom line is that Ramos is just not mature enough. And given that he's already 29, he probably never will be.

What United need is a calm, experienced figure at the heart of the defence - not a hothead who badgers the referee every time a decision goes against him. His insistence on getting involved all the time shows that he's not concentrating fully on what he needs to do.

And it's not just his temper flare-ups, either. You could see his rashness in the Champions League semi-final against Juventus - charging around, getting out of position, giving the ball away, and giving away the free kick which led to the critical goal in the second leg.

Don't get me wrong, I watch him in the Spanish league and a lot of the time he's a good centre-half, with a great physical side to his game.

But what he isn't is the new Nemanja Vidic - and that's what United need.

So to spend £30 million on Ramos, at the age of 29? It's not for me to tell Louis van Gaal what to do, he's got far more experience than me.

But if I were him I'd be VERY careful. Ramos is a hugely expensive gamble.

He might work out, but there's a lot of things to suggest that he'd find it hard to adapt and get exposed in the Premier League - and given his age, he's going to have next to no sell-on value if things don't work out.

I actually think United would be better off going for Raphael Varane if they want a defender from Madrid, but the club don't seem inclined to sell the young Frenchman, where Ramos is actively seeking to force an exit.

That in itself is distasteful - I just can't get my head round how modern footballers get away with trying to dictate what they want. He signed his existing contract, he was happy to do so at the time, so why should he suddenly demand more money?

And that's what it boils down to for Ramos: money.

Ironically, the man who might be going in the other direction isn't concerned about money at all. For David de Gea, it's all about a triumphant homecoming.

And who can blame him for wanting to go to Real Madrid? He's been to England and tasted life here, proven himself among the very best in the world. Now, one of the biggest clubs in the world are offering him a dream chance to return to his hometown.

De Gea knows that these chances very often don't come around twice - if Real don't get him, they will get someone else who could end up being their goalkeeper for a decade.

So no wonder he is pushing hard to get the deal done - and that's exactly why United should sell him.

I played alongside guys who weren't happy and wanted to leave, but they were always English and looking for something new, not young guys thousands of miles away from friends and family.

De Gea won't want consciously take his foot off the gas if he ends up staying at Old Trafford, but now that the door is ajar it'll be painful for him if it gets slammed in his face. Instead of being raring to go for a new season he'll be there thinking what might have been - and if those thoughts get into his head, United will end up wishing they'd sold up while the going was good.

i_bleed_blaugrana

This seriously might happen lol. I guess year after year of getting destroyed by Messi has him running to the EPL.

Their defense will be nothing without him.

Anyone else have a feeling Real will be third next season lol?

MaxY

Devil May Cry
lots of people seem to think that real will be more dangerous next season, which is beyond me lol.

I also think that next seasons Real will surprise many people. We're hungry for trophies and Benitez is gonna make us a great team. You can say that I'm saying stupid shit but you won a treble with Lucho and Benitez is seriously underrated on this site.
I also don't see Ramos leaving ,unless we desperately need the money. We must sell some players this year or we're gonna be in the minus pretty hard. Casemiro 7.5 M return, Lucas Vasquez 1 M, Danilo like 35, De Gea minimum 35 if we get him etc.

raskolnikov

I also think that next seasons Real will surprise many people. We're hungry for trophies and Benitez is gonna make us a great team. You can say that I'm saying stupid shit but you won a treble with Lucho and Benitez is seriously underrated on this site.
I also don't see Ramos leaving ,unless we desperately need the money. We must sell some players this year or we're gonna be in the minus pretty hard. Casemiro 7.5 M return, Lucas Vasquez 1 M, Danilo like 35, De Gea minimum 35 if we get him etc.
Is he going to do better than Ancelotti? most likely not, he will also clash with several players who have too big ego's.
Real will be back to the beautiful era of the last 16th cl struggles. (only without la liga wins).

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Is he going to do better than Ancelotti? most likely not, he will also clash with several players who have too big ego's.
Real will be back to the beautiful era of the last 16th cl struggles. (only without la liga wins).

I think he's going to better than Ancelotti. Ancelotti just started the same squad over and over ahead, being as stubborn as a freaking rock. He wouldn't rotate no matter what and his subs were always too late and not on point. He doesn't know how to rest players and you can't compete in all competitions without rotations and subs. Ofc Ancelotti will get along with players, top players have a 100 % secure starting spot so it's no wonder that big players like CR7,Ramos etc showed support for him. Meanwhile Illaramendi,Chicha and the likes had no confidence and no playing time whatsoever. Ancelotti has 3 League titles in like 17 seasons or whatever. Everybody on this site overrates Ancelotti. Sure,he is a cool and respectable guy but he isn't all that as a coach. He lead Juve,Milan,PSG and RM. Those are all top teams that should aim for winning the title every year(Milan used to be). Is having 3 league titles over like 17 years while coaching top clubs from their respective leagues good ? Hell no, it's embarrassing.

Beast

The Observer
Rafa isn't fit to tie Carlo laces.. i hope i'm dead wrong.. i see no way there will be any improvement under Rafa quite the contrary

Morten

I think he's going to better than Ancelotti. Ancelotti just started the same squad over and over ahead, being as stubborn as a freaking rock. He wouldn't rotate no matter what and his subs were always too late and not on point. He doesn't know how to rest players and you can't compete in all competitions without rotations and subs. Ofc Ancelotti will get along with players, top players have a 100 % secure starting spot so it's no wonder that big players like CR7,Ramos etc showed support for him. Meanwhile Illaramendi,Chicha and the likes had no confidence and no playing time whatsoever. Ancelotti has 3 League titles in like 17 seasons or whatever. Everybody on this site overrates Ancelotti. Sure,he is a cool and respectable guy but he isn't all that as a coach. He lead Juve,Milan,PSG and RM. Those are all top teams that should aim for winning the title every year(Milan used to be). Is having 3 league titles over like 17 years while coaching top clubs from their respective leagues good ? Hell no, it's embarrassing.

Dont blame Ancelotti, Perez is to blame for everything, he practically run the club like he wants. If Ancelotti didnt rotate, thats purely Perez fault.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Dont blame Ancelotti, Perez is to blame for everything, he practically run the club like he wants. If Ancelotti didnt rotate, thats purely Perez fault.

Oh,please. Change your name to AntiPerez so you don't have to write it every single time.

Home of Barca Fans