Sergio Ramos

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I know I was just pointing out that in a deal involving these two players the cash would have to come from United end because ramos has more value.

If I was United I would keep de gea and go for another defender. Good "franchise" goalkeepers are hard to find.

Catalan Fan

It's a huge risk but we're in such a good position financially that we can afford to try this and deal with the consequences next season if things don't work out...

I'd of thought Ramos would be a good fit at Utd personally.Although the price may be a bit steep, I'd expect him to do well in the Prem.

Graham Hunter: "Sergio Ramos has specifically told Real Madrid he is 100% committed to leaving and that he doesn't want RM to hold negotiations with any other club except Manchester United".

Just saw the breaking news on sky...and honestly, I find it a little funny because this summer Real Madrid thought they could walk up to the front door of Manchester united and take their best player after throwing pennies they found in there back pocket... Real Madrid have used so many tactics to unsettle players at other clubs not just at Manchester united for so long now, so it's ironic to see their best defender, a player they don't want to sell, a Real Madrid ICON and Captain telling them publicly he wants to leave?

I Don't think Man Utd will pay over the odds either, max £35M/€50M he'll provide at least 6 years. Before you say anything.
Do they really want an unhappy player playing for them? :lucho:

A big wake up call for them.

Never in my life has any one player stood up to Madrid like Ramos is doing now. There is literally no way he goes out of this a loser as he'll be a fan favorite in either Madrid or Manchester, no matter where he goes.

Looking at the big picture, this reminds me of how Real's first galactico era was ushered in by transfers from Barcelona, Inter and Juve. You can be sure that City, Chelsea and even Arsenal won't take this lying down. We might see a power shift from Spain to England.

Ramos leaving might actually increase DDG's chances of staying, at least until Real Madrid finds their next great CB (the one to partner the still inconsistent Varane). We're looking at what could be the most impactful transfer in years.

IamGundogan

Ramos leaving is a huge blow for Madrid, losing his dressing room influence and leadership skills will be hard to replace. Alonso last season, Ramos this season and Iker may have one foot out of the door, they're going to need some real leaders to emerge, on and off the pitch.

Apparently, Madrid went into a meeting with United to discuss De Gea, but United threw Ramos in their face before they even had the chance to discuss De Gea. Good to see Madrid getting some of their shit back.

Beast

The Observer
If he does want to leave we shouldn't allow him to leave without at least 60 M €. Freaking Luiz was 50 and Valencia are asking 50 for Otamendi. We're Real Madrid, it would be a disgrace to sell Ramos for like 40. Mangala was worth more than that.. Our reported targets are : Otamendi,Mustafi,Bonucci,Koscielny and Laporte.

The difference is Ramos is 29 all those names were/are younger..
Never in my life has any one player stood up to Madrid like Ramos is doing now. There is literally no way he goes out of this a loser as he'll be a fan favorite in either Madrid or Manchester, no matter where he goes.

Looking at the big picture, this reminds me of how Real's first galactico era was ushered in by transfers from Barcelona, Inter and Juve. You can be sure that City, Chelsea and even Arsenal won't take this lying down. We might see a power shift from Spain to England.

Ramos leaving might actually increase DDG's chances of staying, at least until Real Madrid finds their next great CB (the one to partner the still inconsistent Varane). We're looking at what could be the most impactful transfer in years.

You must be a 9 year old than...

Robinho...
Find it funny that Pepe is disregarded at all as well .. Varane is inconsistent ? compared to say .... Sergio Ramos ?

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Ramos didn't publicly state that he wants to leave, nothing is confirmed yet. And I doubt that we'll sell him for under 50-60 M € if he does go.

Beast

The Observer
Ramos didn't publicly state that he wants to leave, nothing is confirmed yet. And I doubt that we'll sell him for under 50-60 M € if he does go.

Yeah.. nothing is made public and my guess is Hunter leaks are another part of putting the pressure on ...
50-60 Million Euro is a great return for 29 year old defender...it can't get higher than this ..hopefully it will be a separate deal than De Gea because we can easily do a Liverpool on Ramos with 2 years left in his contract .. while for United it's now or for free in 6 month... they are forced we aren't

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Yeah.. nothing is made public and my guess is Hunter leaks are another part of putting the pressure on ...
50-60 Million Euro is a great return for 29 year old defender...it can't get higher than this ..hopefully it will be a separate deal than De Gea because we can easily do a Liverpool on Ramos with 2 years left in his contract .. while for United it's now or for free in 6 month... they are forced we aren't

Exactly. If Ramos does leave,how do you rate these targets and who would you preferer to partner Varane (put it in order): Otamendi,Mustafi,Bonucci,Koscielny and Laporte. (For example : 1. Otamendi - first option , 2- Mustafi 2nd option etc).

Beast

The Observer
Otamendi has improved massively with Valencia.. lived up to the old promise he had before couple of years in the shades
Let's refrain from Italian defenders & Serie A CB.. proved costly in the past.. the system is not the same at all ..
Koscielny.. disaster ... by all means.. if he is not taking a red card he is treated ...
Laporte.. huge promising player ... so for my 2nd choice..
Same for Mustafi but i can't judge him as Otamendi with his awesome beard always took the spotlight with some remarkable last ditch tackles ...

I think Otamendi is suitable despite the huge fee he is also at his prime in terms of age... any of Laporte or Mustafi would be sufficient as well.. bare in mind Pepe contract runs out next summer.. so i guess the club will sure renew him if Ramos did leave at the end

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Otamendi has improved massively with Valencia.. lived up to the old promise he had before couple of years in the shades
Let's refrain from Italian defenders & Serie A CB.. proved costly in the past.. the system is not the same at all ..
Koscielny.. disaster ... by all means.. if he is not taking a red card he is treated ...
Laporte.. huge promising player ... so for my 2nd choice..
Same for Mustafi but i can't judge him as Otamendi with his awesome beard always took the spotlight with some remarkable last ditch tackles ...

I think Otamendi is suitable despite the huge fee he is also at his prime in terms of age... any of Laporte or Mustafi would be sufficient as well.. bare in mind Pepe contract runs out next summer.. so i guess the club will sure renew him if Ramos did leave at the end

I was also gutted when I saw Koscielny and Bonucci rumors,especially the Koscielny one. Otamendi would be my first choice but he's so damn expensive. Valencia will not budge and want 50 M €, we'd have to spend all of the Ramos money or even more. I'd be fine with Mustafi or Laporte but they are just potentials atm, we can't safely play them alongside Varane. If we don't go for Otamendi then I'd buy Mustafi/Laporte renew Pepe and start him alongside Varane until we see if Mus/Laporte are good enough to start. We're also linked with Marquinhos..

Beast

The Observer
The Pepe-Varane was quite good last year..we need one proper replacement ...Bonucci is someone i like personally a ball playing CB with goals in him in a true leader but his lack of pace will be greatly exposed as we seen in the past in La liga..

50 Million is a big amount no doubt but considering we will have the Ramos money it will soften the blow as we are paying nothing from our pockets and it's not like Bilbao will do anything except to tell us to pay the release clause as they did in the past with everyone.. they don't play ball

Marquinhos are PSG CB future... i don't see them selling him especially with their infatuation of all Brazilian thingy (Thanks to Leonardo ) .. plus i have my doubts on Brazilian products for 10 years now.. Alves & Marcelo apart and other few minor examples they've been nothing but walking disasters ..we have reached a point where Brazilian International players now head to Asia & the middle east when they are in their late 20's... a decade ago they would go there in their mid 30's..

IamGundogan

Otamendi has had one good season and looked a proper defender, however his passing leaves a lot to be desired. You'll miss Ramos in that sense, he's a really good ball playing CB, Otamendi is the opposite.

Home of Barca Fans