Sergio Ramos

El Gato

Villarato!
Madridistas should not be the ones to argue about who should start. Choosing from the best center back in the world in Pepe, a top quality versatile and loyal player in Ramos and a future best in the world prospect in Varane is the best possible situation you could dream of. Let the Cules rant on about who is worse.

Oh, and Ramos belongs on the CB spot. It's been established and switching him back to his inferior position would make zero sense.

PearLBLacK

Banned
Last I heard they were playing two DMs in defense. Their opinion hardly matters.

I still think Ramos should be reverted back to RB and Varane to be used as CB more often. Ramos is excellent at CB, but we'll only improve with him, Varane, and Pepe playing together.

El Gato

Villarato!
It would make sense rotation and talent wise, but it would make the system too unstable. And Ramos has consistently proven he can't hold a flank against Barca. Varane has time and he will definitely get into rotation soon, maybe in some games where Ramos and Pepe will be rested. I'd expect him to start most CdR games.

E

estranged

Last I heard they were playing two DMs in defense. Their opinion hardly matters.

Impregnable logic. Well I don't know exactly which cule was arguing who is worse or indeed anything resident Madridistas should be offended by, but obviously people like to make something out of nothing when they get bored. I complemented Ramos by saying he's your best CB, and somebody said that he isn't. But you must remember that both your CBs are emotionally unstable (one is borderline retarded) so anything could go wrong at any time in a crunch match. On paper Madrid's defense is almost perfect, but looking at your recent games and some of the goals you conceded I wouldn't be so confident. True Barca's defensive problems are greater, but Barca doesn't pride itself with having a rock solid back line.

Beast

The Observer
He's not their best CB by any stretch of imagination even if MARCA did a good job in promoting him after the Euros. If you read Real Madrid forums, you'll realise that Blancos actually want Varane to play CB and Ramos to fuck off back to RB. :lol:

I think this has a lot to do with Arbeloa not as Ramos playing a CB

Pepe Silvia

What that Arbeloa is good at RB and there is no room for Ramos there? Certainly, that can't be the case as, for me atleast, Arbeloa is shockingly bad 3/4 of the time.

I think Ramos could do a much better job there.

El Gato

Villarato!
Impregnable logic. Well I don't know exactly which cule was arguing who is worse or indeed anything resident Madridistas should be offended by, but obviously people like to make something out of nothing when they get bored. I complemented Ramos by saying he's your best CB, and somebody said that he isn't. But you must remember that both your CBs are emotionally unstable (one is borderline retarded) so anything could go wrong at any time in a crunch match. On paper Madrid's defense is almost perfect, but looking at your recent games and some of the goals you conceded I wouldn't be so confident. True Barca's defensive problems are greater, but Barca doesn't pride itself with having a rock solid back line.

Valencia - Iker messes up, 1 goal conceded in that game.

Getafe - 1) Ramos' marking error on a set piece which has always been RMs pain in the butt under Mourinho and we were used to losing goals like this so it's not a sudden change, 2) Albiol gets owned on the right hand side, Ramos has no chance to help out, Pepe was out

Barcelona - in the first game Albiol started replacing Pepe, in the second, great Messi fk, Iker doesn't position himself too well either since he was waaay too wide out

Sevilla - Di Maria doesn't mark (after Iker fucks up to concede a corner too)

City - many players at fault for the Dzeko goal, Iker and Xabi to blame for the FK goal

There is no different trend of "recent games and some of the goals we conceded". As long as Pepe is fit our defensive line is arguably the best at this moment. Ramos is more likely to fuck it up and he should be the one who will be rotated.

And you can call Pepe retarded all you want. Since last spring he has been on a different level from any CB in the world and that is reflected by the results RM gets with and without him in the lineup.

PearLBLacK

Banned
What that Arbeloa is good at RB and there is no room for Ramos there? Certainly, that can't be the case as, for me atleast, Arbeloa is shockingly bad 3/4 of the time.

I think Ramos could do a much better job there.

Nope, he meant exactly the opposite. Madridistas in general would prefer Ramos at RB because Arbeloa isn't as good as the former. The only reason Ramos was used at CB was because of Carvalho's injury and Albiol's shittiness. With Varane in the squad, Ramos can go back to the RB position. Which, disagreeing with Wolfe here, he was pretty good at. Much better than Arbeloa is now.

Beast

The Observer
Valencia - Iker messes up, 1 goal conceded in that game.

Getafe - 1) Ramos' marking error on a set piece which has always been RMs pain in the butt under Mourinho and we were used to losing goals like this so it's not a sudden change, 2) Albiol gets owned on the right hand side, Ramos has no chance to help out, Pepe was out

Barcelona - in the first game Albiol started replacing Pepe, in the second, great Messi fk, Iker doesn't position himself too well either since he was waaay too wide out

Sevilla - Di Maria doesn't mark (after Iker fucks up to concede a corner too)

City - many players at fault for the Dzeko goal, Iker and Xabi to blame for the FK goal

There is no different trend of "recent games and some of the goals we conceded". As long as Pepe is fit our defensive line is arguably the best at this moment. Ramos is more likely to fuck it up and he should be the one who will be rotated.

And you can call Pepe retarded all you want. Since last spring he has been on a different level from any CB in the world and that is reflected by the results RM gets with and without him in the lineup.

Getafe was Xabi marking mistake ( replica of City second ) and City was clear Pepe mistake he fucked up and lost the ball to Yaya

El Gato

Villarato!
If you look at the goal Xabi is marking two players when Ramos loses his man after telling Lass to move across. Miscommunication but ultimately Ramos.

Pepe lost the ball? It was 2-3 other players who let Yaya run around them and allowed him loose. Pepe was trying to recover it having Silva(?) in front of him and no one secured his position by following Yaya. Sure, he could've made a better clearance but I wouldn't blame a goal solely on him.

In other news, Rossell said "never say never" when asked about Ramos' transfer. But that's Catalan attitude and consipracies rooted deep in.

Last edited:

Meitux

Madridistas should not be the ones to argue about who should start. Choosing from the best center back in the world in Pepe, a top quality versatile and loyal player in Ramos and a future best in the world prospect in Varane is the best possible situation you could dream of. Let the Cules rant on about who is worse.

Oh, and Ramos belongs on the CB spot. It's been established and switching him back to his inferior position would make zero sense.
Pepe the best center back in the world?

Home of Barca Fans