Sergio Ramos

El Gato

Villarato!
Well bored of this now
Going to the park.. deary me, and still not differentiating things like assault from intent to injure.

Of course you can't do it, which is why you get punished for it. Not my problem to apply the law though, leave it to refs, I'd still retaliate if done to me because it's more important to not show weakness if subjected to it

And no I wont accept it because as said a stomp like that applied with that much force doesn't cause injury so it's not done to cause one.

BarcaOG

Banned
Well bored of this now
Going to the park.. deary me, and still not differentiating things like assault from intent to injure.

Of course you can't do it, which is why you get punished for it. Not my problem to apply the law though, leave it to refs, I'd still retaliate if done to me because it's more important to not show weakness if subjected to it

And no I wont accept it because as said a stomp like that applied with that much force doesn't cause injury so it's not done to cause one.

intent to injure is by definition assault. how can you have intent to injure someone without also assaulting them? to think otherwise is like arguing that you can punch someone but not have an intent to hurt them, lol. they go together. not all assaults end in injury, of course, but all inflicted injuries from physical contact involve assault (of course im not consdiering accident here)

also u havent answered my question: if i stomp you at the park is that assault? how in the world not?

El Gato

Villarato!
Probably it is. If you stomp at someone's foot on the corner kick is that assault?

Intent to injure is not by definition assault. Can easily end up without an injury when being assaulted and particular kinds of action are chosen in order to end up with permanent damage, while others aren't. Legal definition actually starts at the mere threat of bodily harm, which if applied to football would result in every challenge being an assault. When action actually takes place it is called battery AFAIK. But to exit the semantics, Pepe didn't commit battery. Or if he did, it's the most ridiculously shit battery ever committed. And again, should be sent off. So don't know what the problem is

BarcaOG

Banned
Probably it is. If you stomp at someone's foot on the corner kick is that assault?
The case here (and, as u said yourself, case by case) is the stomp on messi's hand. That was intent to injure.

Intent to injure is not by definition assault. Can easily end up without an injury when being assaulted and particular kinds of action are chosen in order to end up with permanent damage, while others aren't
I said as much. not all assaults end up in injury but all injuries from physical contact follow from assault (not considering accidents here).

The problem is Wolfe that you dont think the stomp was intent to injury. what the hell else was it then? again, let me stomp on you for no reason and then let me tell u that nah, its cool, i dont intent to injure u so it must be ok. obviously that doesnt follow

El Gato

Villarato!
AFK for a bit what did I miss? Some CR tackle he didn't get carded for? Fair fair

Didn't the other guy start it with Pepe? Lmao looks quite funny

BarcaOG

Banned
The case here (and, as u said yourself, case by case) is the stomp on messi's hand. That was intent to injure.

I said as much. not all assaults end up in injury but all injuries from physical contact follow from assault (not considering accidents here).

The problem is Wolfe that you dont think the stomp was intent to injury. what the hell else was it then? again, let me stomp on you for no reason and then let me tell u that nah, its cool, i dont intent to injure u so it must be ok. obviously that doesnt follow

wolfe

BerkeleyBernie

We should be rivals on the field, but Mourinho took it too far, as a result Barca also did their bit(blatant over reactions).

There certainly was an entertainment-factor to it all though.

Yep. Barca certainly faces physical tough aggressive teams. Atletico Madrid and Athletic Bilbao, for instance. That's just the game. But Mourinho wanted more than aggression. It was pretty much anything goes to disrupt Barca's game.

Horatio

You're welcome
Just a two minute search.

Cristiano didn't even get a yellow card for that.

Pepe evolved to fight his own teammates.

Ronaldo had like 5 of those instances in the span of 2 seasons. Can't remember if he didn't get booked for none of them or didn't get sent off/banned for none of them.

El Gato

Villarato!
^
He threw regular temper tantrums. His sending offs, bar one vs Malaga(?) which was a Lenglet kind of elbow, are all this sort of thing. Gives me quite a laugh whenever he tries to throw punches. If you gonna clock someone for whatever it is they did to you, just do it properly.

@BarcaOG
I don't know what you want me to address. The stomp? Looks the only question mark in that post. As said, Pepe probably intended to knock and roughen up his opponent. Not the first guy to do that, not the last and certainly not the only one to do it vs that Barcelona. Did it hurt? Probably, yeah. Is it a bit messed up? Sure. Should he be punished for it? Absolutely, 2 game ban a standard. But thinking he wanted to cause an injury is nonsense. Players are more likely to cause more serious harm with harsh challenges intended to stop rather than take anyone out of the game (i.e. Meunier on Hazard or Ramos on Salah) than Pepe would have right there with that amount of force. I get you're all up in arms since you feel like there's no justice in saying anything other than 'it's fucked up' when it's done off the ball. I'm not that bothered.

BarcaOG

Banned
if something like that happened to your star player and ended up more seriously i doubt youd be so cavalier about it

Home of Barca Fans