Sergio Ramos

BarcaOG

Banned
they should make a 'garden of legends' or something with statues of a lot of these greats... like posing in a single team, haha, an all star real team cast in bronze or whatver

would be cool if barca did something like that as well

messi will def get a nice statue

Morten

they should make a 'garden of legends' or something with statues of a lot of these greats... like posing in a single team, haha, an all star real team cast in bronze or whatver

would be cool if barca did something like that as well

messi will def get a nice statue

There are room for celebrating a select few people at the club, but this is first and foremost a team sport, and should be treated as such.

Windhook

@Windhook
Indeed he was but that was at the time of Mou looking for a complete rivalry between the two sides and little to do with the manner of his exit.

Yeah, Mou was all about mind games and at times took things too far, not realizing the damage he had done. The most hateful period of this club rivalry as far as I remember.

Casillas and Luis Suarez's departures were in a way similar - lots of tears and some press members. No tributes.

BarcaOG

Banned
There are room for celebrating a select few people at the club, but this is first and foremost a team sport, and should be treated as such.

well yeah.. of course...thats why i said garden of legends not garden of every player to don the shirt

El Gato

Villarato!
Yeah, Mou was all about mind games and at times took things too far, not realizing the damage he had done. The most hateful period of this club rivalry as far as I remember.

Casillas and Luis Suarez's departures were in a way similar - lots of tears and some press members. No tributes.

For all Mou's unnecessary nonsense, Barca weren't exactly saints either despite pushing the image of purity that is to this day espoused by some of the dogmatists. Made it very easy for Mou to paint you as the enemy and was easy to enjoy the combat against someone like that Barcelona.

BarcaOG

Banned
For all Mou's unnecessary nonsense, Barca weren't exactly saints either despite pushing the image of purity that is to this day espoused by some of the dogmatists. Made it very easy for Mou to paint you as the enemy and was easy to enjoy the combat against someone like that Barcelona.

pls elaborate that barca was very good all around in terms of image and goodness

El Gato

Villarato!
I mean really?
Xavi the silver tongue + his entourage inc. Pique (that dude and his lighter moment with Puyol :lol:) regularly in referees ear even when foul didn't concern him, something even Mou highlighted and weaponized because it was so blatant https://www.marca.com/2013/02/25/en/football/real_madrid/1361811900.html Besides a guy like Iturralde, who himself makes the Basque thing he has quite clear preventing him from being complimentary in just about any aspect WRT Barcelona or Madrid, highlighted Pep was way more difficult to control during matches, because of how much he'd whine and take liberties with the outrage
Comical moaning about the grass length vs Real and others - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ahead-Champions-League-showdown-Atletico.html
Busquets peekaboo.
Sanchez and Alves history of diving.

Far from goodness. The image created around a team who had a fair share of cunts within it that played victim and fed into the Catalan persecution complex so hard that it was almost impossible to respect the way they played if you paid attention to what you were seeing.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Surprised you didn't highlight that moment where Pep didn't want to give the ball to Ronaldo and also former refuses to shake his hands during galas.
Kind of exemplary of the argument you're making.

I didn't like Pep for that at the time to be honest.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Rather have someone complaining about fouls our grass length than players trying to break the legs of the opponent.
And rather have a coach who is annoying one the side line than one who is encouraging those players to break legs.

El Gato

Villarato!
I'm sure you would. Except a) nobody tried to break any legs, the closest it got was with Alves and even that was more of an Alves theatre (ran around like a bunny 1 min after) and media show with edited replays; and b) it's on the players to tackle in a way that is both firm and shows you're not being a wimp to be taken advantage of, and not a thug who has nothing but foul in their arsenal. Which Real were far more of the former and there was hardly an issue in a fixture other than the Clasico. Go figure why.

Do you take the same line of scrutiny when Neymar milks every foul he gets a chance to? Dude has a tendency to be a grade A cunt precisely in the moments he doesn't need to be. Wonder who he picked that up from.

Keep thinking Barca were this flawless club despite regularly taking liberty to preach on how football should be played and who never did anything wrong. If that floats your boat lol

Horatio

You're welcome
Didn't Mourinho instruct Real players to foul Messi?

Keep thinking Barca were this flawless club despite regularly taking liberty to preach on how football should be played and who never did anything wrong. If that floats your boat lol

This is just low-key trolling on your part. I know that you know nobody to think Barca were flawless.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Never said Barca are not doing anything wrong. I despise many things that my club has been responsible for in the last years.

But I stand by my point that RM's players tried to injure Barca's players on different occasions. And not only Barca players. Ramos and Pepe have shown their true colors plenty of times.

You can talk about Neymar milking fouls or other bullshit that has nothing to do with that if you want to. Does not change that fact.

El Gato

Villarato!
Didn't Mourinho instruct Real players to foul Messi?

This is just low-key trolling on your part. I know that you know nobody to think Barca were flawless.

Here's a question - what's wrong with fouling? No shortage of overtly aggressive sides.

@Blaugrana
When did Pepe try to injure someone vs Barca? Funny thing how he got this tag after Getafe in 2009 and never got rid of it despite receiving I think not a single red card in 8 years of La Liga since and had at least two seasons where he hasn't been suspended for yellows. Dude repented more than anyone and some folk will still point to the Alves theatre as evidence of something. Claim 'of intent to injure' is almost always a knee jerk thing passed off as fact and often bogus i.e. fans claiming Ramos tried to injure Salah in Kiev.
Ramos I assume you refer to the lashing out on Messi at the end of the manita as there's just about no other incident that can be brought up and pretty sure he was banned for violent conduct afterward.
When did either of those show their 'true' colours? I think Ramos colours are pretty much in the open since the beginning of time.

Any other instance someone tried to injure a Barca player I'd forgotten? Or is this a blanket way of treating every kind of stomp as evidence for something more than what it was? Conflation of thuggery and assault is sadly all too common.
I will talk about Neymar as it's also a source of funny hypocrisy. Only funnier when dismissed as a counterpoint.

As for the flawless - yes, there was an image which was and still is supported by a contingent who will balk at the suggestion of that team's wrongdoing or any acts of classlessness waved off with 'you're one to talk, your club did x' way instead of admitting it. That all-time great 11 from 2009-2011 had probably 2 players who couldn't be accused of being a covert tosser - Abidal and Puyol. Sorry.

BerkeleyBernie

Never said Barca are not doing anything wrong. I despise many things that my club has been responsible for in the last years.

But I stand by my point that RM's players tried to injure Barca's players on different occasions. And not only Barca players. Ramos and Pepe have shown their true colors plenty of times.

You can talk about Neymar milking fouls or other bullshit that has nothing to do with that if you want to. Does not change that fact.

Mourinho wants his players to be assholes. He keeps telling the Tottenham players that they are too nice.

Home of Barca Fans