Sergio Ramos

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not sure it's a big loss for you guys since he always end up looking like a donkey vs. us.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
"Arrogance is either something you have or you don't."

Said by the biggest in asshole in professional football. Only Pepe (who is not arrogant but crazy and as violent as Ramos) and Cristiano can compete in that regard.
Clasico is going to be glorious with our without him. Can't wait.

Total-Football

This retard just admitted in front of cameras that he asked Hernandez referee if he has anything against him personally based on the terrible calls we were receiving all night. He might get suspended for the Clasico.

[tw]1231350235596804096[/tw]
Things predetermined? This aged like fine wine.. Another red card today which was predetermined hehe

Chainsaw

Killahead
The legend equalized Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Edgar Davids in the numbers of the red cards received in the CL. One more and the crown will be rightly his, thoroughly!

snowy

e48a224f37cc3458217483cdfbf29b3e45611bb3_00.jpg

Mad Sweeney's MAD resemblance to Sergio Ramos cracks me up! Not only that, his similar face expressions and dirty antics and him being a hothead just like Ramos makes it even funnier. :lol:

Maybe the American Gods creators used Ramos as a model to create MS! :lol:

Mad Sweeney to Madrid :p

Waz up with all 'em crappy refs lately! Hernandez Hernandez always been a joke though

Iceman a victim of his rep. If that tap on the shoulder was a red, then what should they give to the butchers in Ligue 1?

Cold Cuts Guillotine brehs

El Gato

Villarato!
I also thought about him and I have to slightly revise my stance on his qualities at this point.

While I still hold the view that his ceiling as a leader is almost unprecedented, there has to be criticism for him for that period since Cristiano left. CR's resilience, ruthlessness and just utter imperviousness to pressure was key to holding the team at a certain level of mental strength. With CR leaving we had to look for a different personality to at least be the calming presence, the person who steadies the ship when it gets really rocky. We all know Ramos is the definition of consistent inconsistency in big games. He can win you CL semifinals, score an equalising header in a Clasico, but he can also get sent off in one or say something idiotic in front of cameras that is totally unnecessary.
For long I held the view that it is not something that should affect the team, because we all know how he is and hence it doesn't impact the assessment of Ramos as captain, other people should know what we need and what Ramos is able to give them and what he can't. Upon reflection, this cannot be the case after 2018. While he still has amazing leadership qualities, particularly in the age where confidence is waning across the board and causes markets to become barren in leaders and doubtless strikers, he is the wrong captain. We need somebody who is ice cold when we concede, someone who even when they make a mistake, goes up to Carvajal and tells him 'man, now more than ever I need you to get a grip because it's 1-1, do this for me, I know I messed up, but I need this'. Ramos is not that guy. Ramos is the guy that somehow manages to follow up a mistake with further clumsiness, crumbles and throws petrol onto the fire and tries to solve the problems by creating more conflict as a distraction measure instead of resolution. It does not happen if the ice cold guy is there and has enough stance in the team to do damage control. But without him, there is no way we will stop the negative spirals and stop being streaky. Captain has to be the first person to raise their game in the time of need. Ramos has not done so in 2018/19 and 19/20, all he has tried to do is do darting forward runs leaving his tasks and doing somebody else's job for them which is a symptom of panic and desperation instead of inspiring confidence in others.

I love him, but I think his time is coming to an end. At this point he's part of the problem. But sadly, we are not likely to see a replacement until summer of 2022 when hopefully all of him, Benzema and Marcelo are gone and next in line Varane steps up.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

I also thought about him and I have to slightly revise my stance on his qualities at this point.

While I still hold the view that his ceiling as a leader is unprecedented, there has to be criticism for him for that period since Cristiano left. CR's resilience, ruthlessness and just utter imperviousness to pressure was key to holding the team at a certain level of mental strength. With CR leaving we had to look for a different personality to at least be the calming presence, the person who steadies the ship when it gets really rocky. We all know Ramos is the definition of consistent inconsistency in big games. He can win you CL semifinals, score an equalising header in a Clasico, but he can also get sent off in one or say something idiotic in front of cameras that is totally unnecessary.
For long I held the view that it is not something that should affect the team, because we all know how he is and hence it doesn't impact the assessment of Ramos as captain. Upon reflection, this cannot be the case after 2018. While he still has amazing leadership qualities, particularly in the age where confidence is waning across the board and causes markets to become barren in leaders and doubtless strikers, he is the wrong captain. We need somebody who is ice cold when we concede, someone who even when they make a mistake, goes up to Carvajal and tells him 'man, now more than ever I need you to get a grip because it's 1-1, do this for me, I know I messed up, but I need this'. Ramos is not that guy. Ramos is the guy that somehow manages to follow up a mistake with further clumsiness, crumbles and throws petrol onto the fire and tries to solve the problems by creating more conflict as a distraction measure instead of resolution. It does not happen if the ice cold guy is there and has enough stance in the team to do damage control. But without him, there is no way we will stop the negative spirals and stop being streaky. Captain has to be the first person to raise their game in the time of need. Ramos has not done so in 2018/19 and 19/20, all he has tried to do is do darting forward runs leaving his tasks and doing somebody else's job for them which is a symptom of panic and desperation instead of inspiring confidence in others.

I love him, but I think his time is coming to an end. At this point he's part of the problem. But sadly, we are not likely to see a replacement until summer of 2022 when hopefully all of him, Benzema and Marcelo are gone and next in line Varane steps up.

Spot on. And if I were to craft a serious post about his qualities and drawbacks, this is what I'd probably highlight on both ends.

Andresito

Staff member

Don't you think Militão would have surpassed him earlier than 2022? I can see a Marcelo-Mendy type of natural succession during the next season. It could happen earlier but Ramos' status makes it hard.
He seems like the type to go for records like appearances and goals, both for Madrid and Spain.

El Gato

Villarato!
I don't know about records, but I think Ramos has two main goals - have one more go at an international stage, Euro 2020, possibly Qatar 2022 and do what he can to win one more Liga. I don't think the Spain 2018 fiasco sits well with him and in order to correct that he knows they need a good tournament, so if it is not this one under Enrique, he could push for 2022 as well. Plus Spain under his captaincy suffered a horrendous 2014 exit, a rather poor 2016 and just uneventful 2018 where Hierro's conservatism cost them. Once he thinks these milestones are achieved or deemed untenable, he will take his ball and go. Recently there were rumours of extension and club seem unwilling to give him what he asks if you believe Marca and AS. It just says to me he's trying to get himself a decent retirement contract and get those big trophies in.

I don't think Militao is anywhere near. He's got the annoying Portuguese/Brazilian attitude of clowning around too much which makes his mistakes very costly at the worst of moments. He's partly a Pepe before Mourinho & the Casquero incident but without the violence.

Ramos himself may not make it to 2022 TBH if they don't reach agreement, his current deal (as long as extension wasn't signed behind closed doors like with Kroos) is until 2021. But it's to do with captaincy succession more than actual CB replacement. Ramos is no longer the right fit for this side. We need Varane type status guy. I'm not sure if Rafa is up to it, but it's the best we have.

Last edited:

FC433

Doping Irregularities
Ramos, Ronaldo and the Controllers

It wasn't difficult for UEFA's medical unit to determine which of the players had signed for sample 3324822 following the Champions League final in Cardiff. They were, after all, in possession of documents that matched players with sample codes.

And this sample belonged to Sergio Ramos, captain of both Real Madrid and of the Spanish national team, a player who had won the World Cup once, the European championship twice and who had just become a three-time Champions League winner. He is one of the best football players in the world.

The dexamethasone-case has never before been made public and the file remains behind lock-and-key at UEFA. No disciplinary action was taken, neither against the player nor against the team doctor from Real Madrid, despite all of the anomalies in the case. Indeed, the way in which UEFA swept the case under the rug shines a rather unflattering light on the anti-doping fight in top-level European football.

Two days after the arrival of the report from Austria, a member of UEFA's anti-doping unit contacted Ramos, 32, for an explanation. The player replied on July 10, addressing the UEFA employee by her first name. It was a brief statement of just four lines. The Real Madrid team doctor, he wrote, had treated him on the day before the game. All additional details, he noted, were elucidated in an attached "medical report" that the doctor had prepared. "I hope this fully clarifies the situation," Ramos concluded.

WADA has established clear rules for the use of dexamethasone. Its administration is allowed prior to matches. But it is mandatory that such an administration be reported by the team doctor in the course of a doping test. Should the doctor neglect to do so and should traces of dexamethasone be found in an athlete's blood, it is considered as a suspected case of doping. The next, compulsory step is the initiation of a doping investigation.

That was the problem Ramos found himself facing. In the form attached to sample 3324822, in the space where medications taken in the last seven days are supposed to be listed, there is no mention at all of dexamethasone.

By the way this was reported by the same individuals who leaked City's stuff.

:blush:

Home of Barca Fans