Sergio Ramos

serghei

Because I heard death threats in the pub full of Liverpool supporters. And in this thread.

You're giving examples where Ramos is venting his frustration at losing. This is not the case here is it? As much as I understand the feelings here, I disagree that this was malicious. Stupid and dangerous, even ban deserving if there was a retrospect rule for doing grey tackles that can end up injuring somebody, but I find it daft to think he tried to literally take him out of the game. It's not 1980s cartel football.

It's like running a red light with the car. You don't try to kill someone per se. But you know that could happen, and you do it either way.

Same here. Tried to injure the player in a direct way? No. Knew he might injure Salah if he twisted his arm and fell on it? Yes, I believe he did know he could injure the player. He could have let him go, but kept going.

El Gato

Villarato!
It's like running a red light with the car. You don't try to kill someone per se. But you know that could happen, and you do it either way.

Same here. Tried to injure the player in a direct way? No. Knew he might injure Salah if he twisted his arm and fell on it? Yes, I believe he did know he could injure the player. He could have let him go, but kept going.

Still that's just an opinion and it basically assumes he knows and doesn't care. All we know for sure is that he fouled, because as a defender he felt the need to stop the play. The rest is whatever people decide to write.

And seriously, I hope he gets himself and his family some personal protection if Salah is indeed out. If this happened to Maradona in 1980s there'd definitely be some latino degenerates stalking the culprit and the world is still no short of fanatics...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You're being a tad overdramatic now. Nothing will happen. Ramos will be safe and be able to go back to play like a vile player, maliciously because of "frustration of losing".

PhilS

Could be the strongest player in the world. He loves contact, as would you if you had that type of strength. Did he intend to injure? He always tries to use his strength to his advantage, which should be distinguished from intent to injure or dirty play.

I don't like him because he is Real Madrid. I hate Marcelo and Pepe, because I have seen them try to injure.

Stoichkov1

Could be the strongest player in the world. He loves contact, as would you if you had that type of strength. Did he intend to injure? He always tries to use his strength to his advantage, which should be distinguished from intent to injure or dirty play.

I don't like him because he is Real Madrid. I hate Marcelo and Pepe, because I have seen them try to injure.

I'm sure here he isn't trying to injure Messi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_R3W_CgWM4

serghei

Still that's just an opinion and it basically assumes he knows and doesn't care. All we know for sure is that he fouled, because as a defender he felt the need to stop the play. The rest is whatever people decide to write.

And seriously, I hope he gets himself and his family some personal protection if Salah is indeed out. If this happened to Maradona in 1980s there'd definitely be some latino degenerates stalking the culprit and the world is still no short of fanatics...

Sure. We don't know for sure. I mean, it wasn't like Pepe vs Casquero. It's just my opinion that he knew he could've hurt Salah and did it anyway.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Neymar injured for second leg, Robben injured since first Leg, Dybala red card missed 2nd leg, Salah injured first 25 mins missed most of the Final.

Holy shit. The Voodoo is strong.

serghei

Neymar injured for second leg, Robben injured since first Leg, Dybala red card missed 2nd leg, Salah injured first 25 mins missed most of the Final.

Holy shit. The Voodoo is strong.

Forget Robben and everything else. If Neuer played Bayern would've won both legs.

snowy

Even if he didn't intend to outright injure Mo, with his experience, Ramos must've known holding on till after they fell was a dangerous manoeuvre. Maybe he just wanted to intimidate Salah or throw him off his game but still, risk of injury went on increasing the longer he kept the hold.
And right here's a good argument for retroactive punishment in La Liga. Just look at Navas full speed spike up sliding attack on Demb the other day. That was crazy dangerous. He never got close to the ball. Not that he meant it but with harsher penalties and potential bans acting as deterrents, fast tricky players like Dembouz and Wilf would get much needed protection.
It's messed up when super dangerous fouls and protesting at the ref get the same degree of punishment. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And then, there's the WTF fouls born out of frustration like the one where Isco viciously kicked Neymar in the knee-cap after he kept getting schooled.

He got red carded this time but he should've also get banned for at least a few games. And too often, refs miss these fouls and perpetrators go unpunished. Way uncool !

Demog

Dirtiest footballer in recent history. Injures Mo deliberately, elbows Karius and tries to get Mane sent off by feigning injury, crying and holding his face. Absolute scumbag and blight on football.

Home of Barca Fans